|Discover Your Core Values||Thurs. Oct. 2nd in Student Life Zone (SLZ)|
|Each of us has our own set of core values that are as unique as our thumbprint. These core values determine what's really important to you as an individual. Incorporating your values into your decision increases your chances of success.|
|Myers Brigs Personality Type||Thurs. Oct. 9th in College Center 220 (CC 220)|
|Knowing and understanding your M.B.T.I and that of others in your life can help you appreciate and comprehend differences in relationships with friends, partners, co-workers and other students.|
|Team Player Style||Thurs. Oct 16th in CC220|
|Learn about what type of role you play in a team situation. Also learn about Kouzes and Posner's Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership.|
|Stress Management||Thurs. Oct. 23rd in CC220|
|This session will help you bring balance to your academic life, work, relationships and extra-curricular activities so that you get the most out of being a student.|
|Etiquette Luncheon||Thurs. Oct 30th in CC220 / Thurs, Nov. 6th in SLZ|
|Enjoy a 5 course wait served meal and learn which fork to use before your first formal function. These are ticketed events. Attend all 4 weekly leadership seminars and receive one free ticket to a luncheon. Attend all 4 weekly Emerging Student Leaders Seminars and a luncheon to receive a framed certificate of completion and a standardized letter of recommendation.|
Sessions will be held in the Student Life Zone and College Center 220. Pay close attention to event publicity to confirm the location of each event in this series. Seating is limited. Arrive early. For questions, contact Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is strongly encouraged that interested students make every effort to attend Emerging Student Leaders Seminars in the Fall. Material covered at these seminars will be helpful in the application process for the Spring Leadership Class.
Students can learn more about the Leadership Class by attending Informational Sessions as listed in the above chart. Applications will be available Tuesday October 7th online ONLY on this page.
Applications will be due to Student Life via e-mail ONLY by Wednesday, November 17th. The applications must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- This class is very competitive to get into. Student applications are scored by a selection committee. Top scoring applicants will be asked to interview on 11/20/14 from 11am - 12:15pm or 3:30-4:45pm. This interview is mandatory and will only occur during the abovementioned date & times. No exceptions. Based on these interviews, final selection for the class will be made.
- All selected students will be invited to attend a Leadership Mixer on 12/10/14. While attendance is highly encouraged, students will be allowed to miss it due to class or work conflicts.
- The class is held Wednesdays from 3-6pm starting on 2/4/15 and ending on 4/22/15.
- Students attend a mandatory retreat on Friday 2/6/15 from 5-9PM and an overnight retreat from Saturday 2/7/15 at 6:30AM until Sunday 2/8/15 at 2:30PM.
- All class and retreat dates are tentative and subject to change but will most likely remain as is.