The Northeast Forensic Training Center (NFTC) is your regional training hub for cost effective, high quality, hands-on law enforcement training. Since its inception, the NFTC has proudly served over 150 national and international agencies by providing them with scientifically based forensic training.
In 2015, the Center obtained approval by the PA Municipal Police Officer Education and Training Commission (MPOETC) for Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE). This commission is the governing body for certifying police officers and academies in the Commonwealth. We also are approved by the Pennsylvania Coroners' Education Board under the provisions of Act 22 of 1988, to offer continuing education credits for select courses.
Crime Scene & Computer Forensics
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (Basic, Advanced, Fabrics, Fluid Dynamics)
- Tool Mark and Tire Impression
- DNA Collection & Indentification
- Shooting Reconstruction
- Medicolegal Death Investigation
- Interview & Interrogation
- Child Abuse, Narcotics, Gangs, Terrorism/Homeland Security Investigations
- Death Investigation
- Crime Scene Investigation & Photography
- Shooting & Bloodstain Pattern Documentation, Collection & Preservation
- Courtroom Testimony
- Buried Body and Surface Skeleton (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson, Forensic Pieces)
- IAI Crime Scene Certification Preparation CCSI, CCSA & CSCSA (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson, Forensic Pieces)
- Police Background Operations
- Public Information Officer (PIO)
- Firearms, Taser & Physical Techniques (Defensive Techniques)
- Spanish for Law Enforcement
- Cultural Awareness
- Police Executive Leadership (Command Staff, First Line Supervision, Field Training Officer)
Our facility located at the Fowler Family Southside Center in Bethlehem includes:
- Classroom: 1216 sq. ft.
- Lab: 609 sq. ft.
- Classroom 570 sq. ft.
- Computer lab: 420 sq. ft.
- Scenario apartment: 865 sq. ft.
- Wet room (for bloodstain pattern): 210 sq. ft.
Visiting from outside the Area?
The NFTC is conveniently located near the site of the massive Bethlehem Steele redevelopment project with easy access from Route 22 & 78. Lodging is available at the new Sands Casino Resort, Comfort Suites Hotel and Hotel Bethlehem. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the lab as well as the new Arts Quest entertainment complex.