The Peace Center was established in 2010 by the NCC Forum on Peace, Justice and Conflict Resolution ("Peace Forum"). The Peace Forum was founded in 2006 by a group of NCC faculty and staff interested in the learning, teaching, and practice of peace. The Forum runs an on-campus Peace Café series of open, moderated discussions on a large range of peace and justice related topics. One of the Forum's major annual events is the Peace & Justice Conference with lectures, panel discussions, student presentations, and participation by community groups active in the peace, justice, and environmental sustainability movements.
The following individuals are the founding members of the Peace Forum:
- Alison Diefenderfer (ADiefenderfer@northampton.edu)
- Deb Bohr (DBohr@northampton.edu)
- Doug Heath (DHeath@northampton.edu)
- Harold Weiss (HWeiss@northmapton.edu)
- Jim Von Schilling (JVonSchilling@northampton.edu)
- Ken Burak (KBurak@northampton.edu)
- Kiki Anastasakos (VAnastasakos@northampton.edu)
- Sholomo Levy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Virginia Gonzalez (email@example.com)
The Forum is open to and welcomes all students, faculty, staff, and community members interested in the field of peace and justice.