The Peace Chronicle
A newsletter published by PJSA three times a year, featuring new scholarship and literature; the latest developments in peace research, peace studies and peace education; central issues in the peace and justice movement; book and film reviews; and other selected resources for educators and activists.
Published by the Fellowship of Reconciliation. Through the publication of analytical insights, spiritual visions, and personal journeys, Fellowship magazine helps people of faith commit themselves more deeply to a nonviolent world of justice, peace, and freedom.
A bi-annual magazine published by the Southern Poverty Law Center and available free to educators. The magazine includes resources, ideas, and strategies to help teachers promote intercultural and interracial understanding in the classroom and beyond.
Other media sources for news on peace/conflict resolution:
- International Crisis Group - The International Crisis Group is now generally recognised as the world's leading independent, non-partisan, source of analysis and advice to governments, and intergovernmental bodies like the United Nations, European Union and World Bank, on the prevention and resolution of deadly conflict.
- Search for Common Ground - Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground works to transform the way the world deals with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. The organization also maintains the Common Ground News Service which is an independent source of news and opinion that disseminates fresh, solution-oriented articles to promote constructive dialogue on Muslim-Western relations and the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research and TFF News Navigator - TFF is an independent think tank, a global network and a website for peace by peaceful means. TFF also maintains the News Navigator - 300+ mainstream and alternative media in one place.
- Global Voices - is a leading participatory media news room for voices from the developing world. Since its founding in 2005, Global Voices has grown into a vibrant global community of more than 150 active volunteer authors and translators and more than 20 freelance part- time regional and language editors.
- Peace Media Clearinghouse - A New Multimedia Resource for Peacemakers developed by the United States Institute of Peace and Georgetown University. The clearinghouse provides a central site where individuals and organizations working in the conflict management field can access materials that support conflict analysis and prevention, conflict resolution, and post-conflict reconstruction and reconciliation.
- YouTube - is the leader in online video, and the premier destination to watch and share original videos worldwide through a Web experience. YouTube allows people to easily upload and share video clips on www.YouTube.com and across the Internet through websites, mobile devices, blogs, and email.
- Alertnet - is a humanitarian news network based around a popular website. It aims to keep relief professionals and the wider public up-to-date on humanitarian crises around the globe.
- Transcend Media Service - Part of the Transcend Network. The site provides original reporting that seeks to go beyond the usual questions, "How many were killed today?" and "Who is winning?" to ask two additional ones: "What is this conflict about?" and "What are possible solutions?"
- Institute for War and Peace Reporting - builds democracy at the frontlines of conflict and change through the power of professional journalism. IWPR programs provide intensive hands-on training, extensive reporting and publishing, and ambitious initiatives to build the capacity of local media.
- BBC News - Premier site of UK's leading news agency.
- Al Jazeera English - the 24-hour English-language news and current affairs channel, is headquartered in Doha, the capital of Qatar. The organization is the world's first global English language news channel to be headquartered in the Middle East. The channel aims to give voice to untold stories, promote debate, and challenge established perceptions.
- Ode Magazine - Ode's aim is to bring a new reality into view, to explore opportunities for positive change (including peacemakers) in our daily lives and our daily minds. You can sign up for a free daily newsletter of positive news.
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict's New Digest - The International Center on Nonviolent Conflict is pleased to circulate this daily selective digest of world news related to past, present and potential nonviolent conflicts, including active civilian-based struggles against oppressive regimes, nonviolent resistance, political and social dissidence, and the use of nonviolent tactics in a variety of causes.
- PeaceMaking News Portal from the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue - The Peacemaking News Portal is a sophisticated web-based tool designed to help people interested in conflict resolution easily filter through the vast amount of information on the internet to reach the most important and timely information.
- The International Center for Journalists - Maintains a wonderful database of resources and also recently started ICFJ Anywhere a global source for high-quality, online journalism courses taught by seasoned professionals.
- FAHAMU - has a vision of the world where people organise to emancipate themselves from all forms of oppression, recognise their social responsibilities, respect each other's differences, and realise their full potential. The organization focuses primarily on African countries.