How do I find jobs in my major?
How do I choose a career?
What will make my résumé stand out?
What should I wear to a job interview?
Northampton's Career Services team is here to help you go from your first class to your first day on the job. Our services include:
- Career Exploration, a multi-step process that includes learning about oneself, occupations, and the world of work.
- Choices - Choices is a comprehensive online career exploration system which includes interest, values and aptitude testing and career information in both English and Spanish. Contact email@example.com for password access.
- Programs, including résumé and cover letter preparation, interview skills, job search strategies, and career decision making.
- Events, including career fairs and visits from campus recruiters
- Job Listings for NCC students via CollegeCentral.com
- Online résumé building through OptimalResume.com
- Résumé and Cover Letter Critiques - Drop off a copy of your résumé and/or cover letter and it will be returned with written comments within 5 days. Unable to come in for an appointment? Email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interview Stream - a web-based tool to practice your interview skills using a webcam.
- First Impressions - a service providing new and gently used professional clothing to students at no charge.
- Mentoring and Networking - Create a professional profile on LinkedIn and connect with students, alumni, staff, and faculty. Click here for more information on creating a LinkedIn profile.
- Career Planning Services - Career Planning Services are available to help you decide on a career path or between several possible careers. Call 610-861-5344 for an appointment.
- Reference File Service to provide employers and/or colleges with information about your qualifications including letters of recommendation.