All program-related activities are conducted on NCC's Bethlehem Campus located 90 miles west of New York City and 60 miles north of Philadelphia in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Northampton offers on-campus housing for those taking at least six credits and participating in the program.
ESL Institute Details
- The ESL Institute begins Thursday, July 5, 2018 with Mandatory Orientation. Individual classes begin on Monday, July 9 and end on Friday, August 17, 2018.
- Classes meet every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Cultural classes are held on Fridays.
- Designed for individuals who want to expand their command of the English language.
- Students must have already completed high school in their home country.
- After taking an English language proficiency test, students are placed into appropriate level courses.
- Course of study comprising English for Academic Purposes (EAP), TOEFL/IELTS-related skills, and American culture
- Concentrated work on reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, giving presentations, and study skills
- English-speaking instructors with extensive ESL teaching experience and related qualifications
- Full F-1/J-1 Visa support provided
***NOTE An I-901 Form included with new I-20/DS-2019s MUST be filed along with the appropriate fee before you can receive your Visa.
- A full cultural program is available on Fridays. Local and day-long trips are available.
- Conversational English sessions and community service opportunities
- Day long trips to interesting destinations locally and to NYC and Philadelphia
- Access to NCC facilities, Fitness Center, Library
- Public transportation available with on-campus bus stops