Apply to NCC
If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students. If you have already attended NCC at any time in the past, apply as a Returning Student.
NCC Veteran Stories
Watch a video about NCC's own Band of Brothers above. Use the link below to watch videos of Veterans sharing their oral history.
Veterans Oral History
Free Driver Training
A grant from the United States Department of Transportation enables NCC to offer free commercial truck driver training to current and former members of the military and their spouses.
Learn More (PDF)
The Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) Program provides financial assistance to military personnel in support of their professional and personal self-development goals.
- Must have a valid expense from an accredited school
- For traditional part-time drilling soldiers, members on ADSW / ADT, or mobilized commissioned officers
- Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG or reserves , even prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in High School
- Officers must serve 4 years after course completion
- Enlisted must remain in an actively drilling status within their unit during the term of the courses
*FTA operates on a limited budget and is NOT a guaranteed benefit. It is offered on a 'first come, first served' basis.*
- 100% of tuition and authorized fees with tuition caps of: $250 per semester hour, and $167 per quarter hour. (An authorized fee is a fee charged to all students for enrollment purposes or is directly related to the instruction of the course. Credentials at the associate, bachelor, or master degree level and a vocational/technical certification and licensing)
- $4,500 max per soldier, per FY, including fees. Fees includes are LAB fees and those charged for a particular course (example: auto fees, nursing fees, dental hygiene fees, etc). NO comp and tech fees are funded
- High School or equivalency level may be funded at 100% of tuition and fees, but are still limited to the $4,500 annual cap
- May be used with the MGIB-Selected Reserve (SR) or MGIB-Active Duty (AD) for the same course based on the following: MGIB-SR participants must be enrolled at least 1/2 time or more to combine benefits; MGIB-AD participants who are drawing GI Bill-Kicker benefits are NOT eligible for ARNG FTA
- ARNG recommends that schools apply FTA prior to Pell Grants, to allow for maximizing benefit for student financial needs
How to Apply
- Active Duty Army, AGR, and Army Guard or Reserves on deployment orders
- Army National Guard: National Guard Benefits
- Army Reserve
- All other Reserve Components: Contact your unit of assignment.
Additional Grants and other Financial Aid
Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
Members of the Selected Reserves, National Guard, and Active duty personnel may be eligible for the Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA or TA). Contact your unit of assignment or service education office for eligibility criteria and application information.