Take the Next Step
Are you a high school student looking to begin your journey to a college degree now? Do you want take a college course or several and save time and money in the process? If so, you should explore Northampton Community College's Dual Enrollment program.
Dual Enrollment is open to students who take Honors and AP courses, as well as those who are in college prep and vocational curriculum. NCC offers over 100 degree and specialized diploma offerings, and Dual Enrollment students can select from a variety of college-level courses that are offered on-campus and online, all taught by NCC faculty. NCC Dual Enrollment students are considered an NCC student and have access to the Library, Learning Center, Career Services, etc
NCC has several College Connections Specialists who spend a lot of time in the local high schools, and are available to answer questions on the program. You can contact a College Connections Specialist by emailing email@example.com.
Steps to Becoming a Dual Enrollment Student
- Speak with your School Counselor to see if you qualify for Dual Enrollment classes at NCC.
- Complete the FREE online Dual Enrollment application.
- When you submit the application there will be a confirmation page with a link that will direct you to the FERPA and Approval Form (PDF), which may also be found in your School Counseling Office. Please have all required parties (including parent and school counselor/ principal) sign and return this paperwork to the address listed or firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Request a high school transcript (per your high schools instructions) as part of the review process.
- Students with a 3.5 cumulutive GPA or in the top 20% of their class are encouraged to complete an application for NCC's honors program.
A limited number of dual enrollment scholarships are available each semester. Preference will be given to students who receive free/reduced lunch or are in financial hardship. View Scholarship Application
Dual Enrollment Ambassador Scholarship
NCC offers select students who have completed a dual enrollment course and have continued their education at NCC our Dual Enrollment Ambassador Scholarship. Students awarded this scholarship will work with our College Connections Specialist to promote dual enrollment programs to the community.
Click Here to apply for the Dual Enrollment Ambassador Scholarship
- Student must have completed at least 1 Dual Enrollment course with NCC as a high school senior
- Student must have an overall High School GPA of 2.5 or higher and NCC cum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Student must be attending NCC taking at least 9 credits
- Must be a Northampton or Monroe County resident and attend high school in one of these counties
*Please note this scholarship is offered to one student from Northampton County and one student from Monroe County each fall.
What to Expect at NCC
Planning to attend NCC after high school graduation?
You will also need to complete a Change of Major form. Some programs require additional information and have earlier deadlines. Please click here to see if you need to submit additional documentation.
Please complete and return this paperwork to:
Attn: Processing Center
3835 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Or by email to email@example.com
Below are some important documents available for download to make the most of Dual Enrollment at NCC