The Residence Hall and Apartments at Northampton provide students the opportunity to reside on campus to be closer to their classes, become part of the on campus community, focus on their academics and take advantage of the multiple educational and fun opportunities offered to our students.
For students to be eligible to live on campus they need to be registered for a minimum of 9 credits each semester. In addition to maintain their eligibility to reside on campus each semester residents must meet the academic standards outlined in the Residence Hall Handbook.
For students to be eligible to reside in the Apartments in addition to meeting the requirements listed above, students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA). Students who fall below the required GPA will be reassigned to a space in the residence hall for the following semester.
The Residence Hall is comprised of mostly double occupancy rooms, however the building does offer triple and quad rooms as well. There are a limited number of single rooms available in the Residence Hall, however our returning students have priority in selecting them.
Each room in the Residence Hall and Apartment is slightly different, we will not able to provide you with specific dimensions of your rooms. However, each student is provided with a bed (XL Twin Mattresses), a dresser, desk chair, desk and closet.
Room Prices for Fall 2021 & Spring 2022
The prices below indicate the cost per semester for a room on campus. Meal plans are required for all students living in the Residence Hall Commons. For meal plan pricing and more information, please visit the Residential Dining Page.
Residence Hall Double Room: $2,950.00 for the semester
- Double Rooms are the most common room-type available. Students living in a double room will need to identify and select a roommate to live with for the semester, for a total of two (2) students living in a double room.
Residence Hall Single Room: $3,650.00 for the semester
- Single Rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Apartment Double Room: $3,280.00 for the semester
- All apartments contain two double rooms, for a total of four (4) students living in each apartment. Students living in the apartments will need to identify and select a roommate to live with directly in their double room.
If you have questions or are unsure about meeting the financial obligations, please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss options that may be available to you.
On Campus Amenities
- Dining Hall: conveniently located within the Residence Hall Commons, the Dining Hall offers a wide variety of options each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu changes daily to allow for a greater variety of food options for the students, in addition to standard items at the grill and pizza station that are open every day. The staff is happy to work with you if you have food allergies, a specific diet, or items you would like to see offered. Visit the Residential Dining Page for more information regarding meal plan options and costs.
- The Den: conveniently located within the Residence Hall Commons, the Den is a late night snack bar. The Den offers a variety of snacks like chicken fingers, burgers, fries, and more. Residents can use their FLEX dollars here after the dining hall closes.
- Laundry: FREE for all residents! Laundry rooms are available in the Residence Hall Commons and available for all residents for use. Residents living in the Apartments also have access to the washers and dryers in the residence hall, as the Apartments do not have a separate laundry room located within the apartments. All of the machines are high efficiency machines, so please buy HE detergent when you are buying supplies to bring to campus (laundry detergent pods are a great choice!).
- Community Space: within the Residence Hall Commons, there are multiple lounges that provide space for studying, socializing and relaxing. Each lounge is equipped with a large screen TV, couches, chairs and tables for students to use. These spaces are the hubs for community and social engagement.
- Mail: Each resident will receive a mailbox number when they arrive on campus. Mail is delivered to the residence hall, Monday through Friday each week, during the fall and spring semesters. Students that receive packages will receive an email to their student email indicating they need to stop by the College Mail Room, located in College Center building, to pick up their package. Mail sent to students should be addressed as follows:
- Student Name
- Northampton Community College
- 3835 Green Pond Rd
- Box #
- Bethlehem PA, 18020
- WiFi: Wi-Fi connectivity is available in both the Residence Hall Commons and the Apartments, at no additional cost to the residents. Stream your favorite show or movie, play games online with friends, or finish research for a paper.
- Microfridge: No need to worry about bringing a refrigerator or microwave when you move in! Beginning in the Fall 2021 semester, each room in the Residence Hall Commons will have a microfridge (refrigerator, freezer, microwave combo) unit placed in it when you arrive. One less thing for you to worry about!
- Work Orders: Something broken or not workng properly in your room? Don't worry, just submit a work order! Residents can submit a work order by emailing email@example.com and someone from Facilities will do their best to address the problem or concern.