The Northeast Forensic Training Center (NFTC) is a laboratory environment committed to providing a high-quality forensic science education. The training center is accessible to all criminal justice students, educators and practitioners at a regional, state and nationwide level.
The mission of the NFTC is to provide specialized, hands-on basic forensic training for the effective collection and preservation of crime scene evidence. The failure to collect and process crime scene evidence in accordance with the law can mean the difference between conviction and inappropriate acquittal and costly insurance payouts. NFTC aims to promote performance of the "Basics" in Forensic Science as it relates to first responders.
Who Benefits from the NFTC
All individuals who impact a crime scene or death investigation, including: fire marshals, coroners, MEs, FD officers, EMS, criminal justice majors, probation & corrections officers, RN students and practitioners, sexual assault nurse examiners, insurance investigators, law enforcement officers and fraud investigators.
Most of these programs have been approved by the PA State Coroner's Education Board. Confirm approval.
- Basic Crime Scene Photography for First Responders
- Basic Latent Print Processing
- Basic Medicolegal Death Investigation
- Crime Scene Initial Response - Expanded
- Digital Evidence for First Responders (PDF)
- Shooting & Bloodstain Pattern Documentation, Collection, and Preservation
- New! Basic Courtroom Testimony for Healthcare Professionals
- New! Basic Evidentiary Digital Photography for the Healthcare Professional
- Buried Body and Surface Skeleton (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson, Forensic Pieces)
- IAI Crime Scene Certification Preparation CCSI, CCSA & CSCSA (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson, Forensic Pieces)
Advanced Programs Presented at NFTC
- Basic Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (Guest instructor: LeeAnn Singley, MS)
- Advanced Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (Guest instructors: Toby Wolson, MS, F-ABC and LeeAnn Singley, MS)
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis on Fabrics (Guest instructors: Mark Reynolds, PhD. (PDF), Western Australia Police Department, Ted Silenieks (PDF), Forensic Science SA, South Australia).
- Buried Body and Surface Skeleton (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson)
- Crime Scene & Death Scene Photography (PDF) (Guest instructor: Phil Sanfilippo, TritechFORENSIC)
- IAI Crime Scene Certification Preparation CCSI, CCSA & CSCSA (Guest Instructor: Jan Johnson)
Join our email distribution list to get monthly class updates.
Our facility located at the Fowler Family Southside Center in Bethlehem includes:
- Classroom: 1216 sq. ft.
- Lab: 609 sq. ft.
- Classroom 570 sq. ft.
- Computer lab: 420 sq. ft.
- Scenario apartment: 865 sq. ft.
- Wet room (for bloodstain pattern): 210 sq. ft.
Visiting from outside the Area?
The NFTC is conveniently located near the site of the massive Bethlehem Steele redevelopment project with easy access from Route 22 & 78. Lodging is available at the new Sands Casino Resort, Comfort Suites Hotel, Hyatt Place and Hotel Bethlehem. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the lab as well as the new Arts Quest entertainment complex.