Important Information for January 2019 Commencement Participants
Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 11:00 am
We are pleased that you have decided to participate in the 2019 Graduation/Commencement Ceremony scheduled for Saturday, January 26 at 11:00 am. Please note the following for your calendar:
- Rehearsal will be held at 4 pm on Friday, January 25th in the Student Life Zone (Bethlehem Campus). We encourage all graduates participating in the Commencement Ceremony to attend rehearsal. Upon arrival, please visit the check-in table.
- Your cap and gown can be picked up at the Bookstore at the Bethlehem Campus beginning Tuesday, January 22 through Thursday, January 24 from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, Friday, January 25 from 9:00 am to 5 pm and Saturday, January 26 beginning at 9 am.
- If you indicated pick-up at the Monroe Campus Bookstore, the hours are Tuesday, January 22, 9 am to 5 pm and Wednesday, January 23 from 9 am to 5:00 pm. After Wednesday, your cap and gown will be at the Bethlehem Campus Bookstore.
- Your guests will not need tickets to attend the Ceremony.
- Commencement will be held in the Arthur L. Scott Spartan Center (Bethlehem campus). Family members not able to attend Commencement may visit the 2019 Commencement section of Northampton's web site at www.northampton.edu/commencement. The live feed video will begin 30 minutes prior to the ceremony and continue through the ceremony.
- The schedule for the day is as follows: 10:00 am Graduates arrive and robe in the Student Life Zone of the College Center; 10:30 am Line of March forms; 10:45 am Processional begins; 11 am Commencement Ceremony begins. The ceremony runs approximately 2 hours. You will receive your diploma when you return your cap/gown after the ceremony in College Center 220.
- A reception for graduates and their families and friends will be held immediately following the ceremony in Laub Lounge on the second floor of the College Center.
- If you do not attend the Commencement Ceremony, you may pick up your diploma in the Records Office beginning Monday, January 28. Office hours are Mon-Thurs 8 am - 7 pm and Fri 8 am - 5 pm. Photo ID is required for pick up.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Affairs Office at 610.861.4558.
*In the event of inclement weather, please check www.northampton.edu for updates on Ceremony information*