"Northampton Community College is excited to partner with Bright Horizons to offer their employees a great start to their academic career. Research in the field of early childhood education continues to document the need for our youngest children to have highly qualified teachers. This initiative to make enrolling and paying for college easier for employees, recognizes the value of enhancing the knowledge and skills of early education practitioners as a tool to increase the quality of care and education provided to children across our country. Northampton's history of excellence in preparing early childhood teachers is a perfect match for this endeavor."
~ Dr. Carolyn Bortz, NCC, Vice President, Academic Affairs
Attention Bright Horizons Employees!
Beginning Summer 2018, you can earn your degree for free!" That's right... free tuition! This includes the application fee, books and tuition costs for our Early Childhood Education: Infant to Grade 4 Associate Degree Program. There are no out of pocket expenses! As a employee of Bright Horizons you may take up to 6 classes per year in the ECE AAS Degreed Program fully covered by the Bright Horizons EEDAP. There is also a path for bachelors degree programs also fully covered by the Bright Horizons EEDAP.
Please note: Employees are recommended to have completed an eCDA Certificate from Bright Horizons University or a current CDA Credential from The Council for Professional Recognition. If you are a Bright Horizons Employee and have prior college credits; please do not follow steps below, but contact EdAssist immediately at (877) 899-1699.
For those with a current CDA Credential or an eCDA Certificate, please explore this site for all the information you'll need about our programs.
To receive the Bright Horizons Early Education Degree Achievement Plan (EEDAP):
In order for you to be added to Northampton's list for the Early Education Degree Achievement Plan for free tuition, you must compete this step prior to the first day of class:Identify yourself as a Bright Horizons employee with the EdAssist Admissions Advisor. You can contact them by calling (877) 899-1699 from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm EST to schedule your session. All participants must begin by having an academic advising session with an EdAssist counselor. You cannot submit an application with Northampton Community College until you have completed an advising session with EdAssist. For more information see the Early Education Degree Achievement Plan Q&A.
Receive an Employee Verification Letter (or a letter of credit) from EdAssist to attend Northampton Community College.
For New Students to NCC: Print out the PDF Application for Admissions with Bright Horizons and NCC. This is a paper process and cannot be done online. When completing please select Early Childhood Education PreK-4 as your major. Then, make sure you sign and scan, and email to email@example.com or fax to (610) 861-4560 Attn: Bright Horizons Application for Admission along with your Employee Verification Letter (or a letter of credit) from EdAssist (step 2) to allow NCC to waive your application fee. If you are a current or returning student or a transfer student, skip to step 18. PLEASE NOTE: If you apply late (within 7-10 days of the start date of the program) you may not receive your Student ID# in a timely manner.
Students Living Out of State
Northampton Community College is an accredited institution of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is authorized by the state of Pennsylvania.
As a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements NCC offers online courses and internships to students located in other SARA member states, in accordance with the provisions of SARA. View more information.
Take English and/or Math Placement Tests or you may contact NCC advising at (610) 861-5346 or firstname.lastname@example.org If there are placement score issues, please contact an Academic Advisor (see step 6). There are sample community college placement test questions available for practice https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/.
Print a Student Release of Information Form. Complete, sign and date the form.
Contact Claudia Blake Academic Advisor for Early Childhood Education at Northampton Community College or Advising Office for selection of course(s). You can also call (610) 861-5074 or (610) 861-5346. Include the scanned copy of your Employee Verification Letter (or letter of credit) from EdAssist.
Select Course or Courses with the help from NCC Academic Advisors. If you are a new student, you will also need to select a college success class to put on your registration form along with your course(s) you select. See step 11
ENROLLING IN COURSES
Print a Northampton Community College Credit Registration Form (On NCC Course Search click here to pick the correct semester and catalog (by department) and then select the course). We HIGHLY recommend
- EARL107 is in the Early Childhood Department and/or
- SOCA102 is in the Sociology/Anthropology Department Complete all student information on the form, sign and date the form. In order to obtain an invoice for the cours(es) directly to Bright Horizons, the NCC Credit Registration Form must be faxed or emailed along with the BH/EdAssist Employee Verification Letter (or a letter of credit), and the Student Release of Information Form to (610) 861-5551 or emailed to Record@northampton.edu PLEASE NOTE: Failing to fax/email all forms together may create a tuition bill directly to you and delay registration.
Receive a Student Data Sheet - Student ID#. After your application is complete, you will receive a Student Data Sheet and other information in the mail. The Student Data Sheet provides you with a Student ID#. This number is found in the upper right hand corner of the Student Data Sheet. This number is NOT your social security number. Other information such as passwords and email confirmation will also be sent in the mail. You will need this information to access your course work online in order to log into your class. The information provided in the mailing from Northampton Community College will help you get started. PLEASE NOTE: If you register late (within 5 days of the start date of the program) you may not receive your Student ID# in a timely manner.
Complete the Online Orientation - Once you receive your Student ID#, go into MyNCC https://myncc.northampton.edu/ics/ by entering your username and password and follow the directions for the online orientation. PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to register for classes until the orientation is complete.
Enroll and complete NCC's College Success Class - COLS101 - be sure to choose the correct semester and one that is DIST Campus, Web-based/Internet,Room if you are not local to campus. If you had issues with placement testing, please contact an NCC advisor before taking the College Success Course. Please Note: If you have 12 or more prior transferrable credits, you can skip this step.
Convert your CDA from The Council for Professional Recognition or your eCDA from Bright Horizons University to college credits. Click here if you need information on how to send a copy of your current CDA Credential from the Council for Professional Recognition to NCC. Don't have it yet, but you submitted to Council already; that's ok! Click here if you need information if you have your eCDA from Bright Horizons and are awaiting The Council of Professional Recognition’s visit. Think you have other work experience that may apply to your degree? Click here for prior learning information.
Getting Started - Generate Your Course Instruction Letter(s). Review important information about online learning, accessing your class(es), and specific class details. This is an informational letter and not how you log into your class. Classes use our Blackboard System. Please go to Program Access to find directions on logging in Blackboard.
Order Textbooks. You will need your Student ID (received from submission of your Application for Admissions with Northampton Community College). Use this number to select and invoice textbooks to BH for your courses.
Follow these easy instructions when ordering online at the NCC Bookstore:
- Select Books
- Select Your Campus - Northampton Community College
- Select Your Program - Main Campus
- Select Your Term - Spring, Summer or Fall and the Year
- Select your Department - Early Childhood (EARL course code) or another department. Please check your credit registration form that you submitted
- Select your Course
- Select your Section - this is specific to the course you've enrolled. Again, please check your credit registration form that you submitted
- Click Submit
- Choose appropriate required materials for your course(s). You can only choose NEW or USED materials. Please Note: You will be unable to rent materials. Click add to cart.
- When you complete your ordering for your couse(s), click Go to Cart. Check to make sure all of your items are in your cart. Click checkout.
- Create an account. Add your name, email address, shipping address, ect. Click next
- Click ship to residence (this automatically ships to your home address) Click next
- Choose shipping of standard, click next
- Choose payment type. Choose financial aid/scholarship. Where it says account number, please enter your student ID for an invoice for selected materials for your course(s) to be sent to BH/EdAssist. Click find account, choose the correct account, click next which will process your order.
If you have issues with this process, BH employees please contact email@example.com or (610) 861-5322
Login Using Your Information. You will need your Student Data Sheet and other information received in the mail in order to login. You cannot login until the first day the course(s) start.
After you complete your course, Northampton Community College will submit your grade(s) to Bright Horizons. You must receive a C or better, or you will be required to pay Bright Horizons back for your tuition costs. *See the EdAssist Early Education Degree Achievement Plan Q&A for additional information.
For Continuing, Re-Admit Students or Transfer Students
- Continuing students can follow steps 1-17 (skipping step 3 for application, 4 for placement testing, and step 11 college success class, and choosing different courses from step 7 [You will not need to take a college success class again] ) above to enroll in the next semester course(s). Again, contact advising if you have questions (step 6).
- Re-Admit Students must first complete the online form before following steps 1-17 above (skipping step 3 for application, 4 for placement testing, and step 11 college success class, and choosing different courses from step 7 [You will not need to take a college success class again] ) to enroll in the next semester course(s). Contact advising if you have questions (step 6).
- Transfer students can contact admissions at (610) 861-5500. For specific directions on what to do with your transcripts go to: http://catalog.northampton.edu/transferring.htm If you meet the requirements and want to send transcripts to be read, then go here: https://www.northampton.edu/catalog-and-academics/academic-advising/about-academic-advising/transfer-in-advising.htm