The Healthcare Office programs prepare you to accept the responsibilities and challenges expected of a skilled healthcare office professional in the vast medical field. Our programs have been endorsed by local healthcare employers in our service area. Healthcare office professionals ensure a well-run practice for physicians and patients in strict compliance with current health care laws. All healthcare office credits provide a pathway from the Specialized Diploma, into the Certificate and on to the AAS Degree or into employment depending on the program chosen. Programs may be completed in as few as two, three, four or more semesters on either a full or part-time basis.
Take the Next Step
Careers in Healthcare Office Coordinator
Recent job listings in the Lehigh Valley included:
- Community Health Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Units
- Outpatient Laboratory Centers
- Physician's Offices
- Urgent Care Centers
- Elder Care Facilities
Healthcare Office Coordinator Career Paths
- Healthcare Office Manager
- Healthcare Administrative Assistant
- Healthcare Scribe
- Healthcare Receptionist
- Healthcare Billing Clerk
- Healthcare Transcriptionist
- Healthcare Coder
- Healthcare Records Clerk
- Healthcare Secretary
Degrees We Offer
- Associate in Applied Science | 2 years
- This program can be taken partially online
- This entire program can be completed at our Monroe Campus
- This entire program can be completed at our Bethlehem Campus
* This program is funded in part/in whole by the U.S. Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration.
* PATH colleges and programs are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers & Programs. Auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a Northampton Community College student living outside of Pennsylvania or intending to complete an internship or clinical placement outside of the state in a NCC program leading to professional licensure, you should review requirements on the state board website to make sure that the program qualifies.
Licensure requirements vary from state to state and you may require additional authorization from the professional licensing agency in that state. Participating in a program from outside of Pennsylvania, if not properly authorized by that state's professional licensing board, could result in loss of licensing eligibility. If you need help or have questions, please contact the Program Director for more information.Program Details view official course information in our 18-19 college catalog Program Map View Your Suggested Semester Map (PDF)