Online training program that provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties required of Dialysis Technicians. Under the supervision of physicians and registered nurses, Dialysis Technicians:
- Operate kidney dialysis machines
- Prepare dialyzer reprocessing and delivery systems; maintain and repair equipment
- Work with patients during dialysis procedures
- Monitor, record, and administer local anesthetics and drugs as needed
- Assess patients for any complications that occur during the procedure
- Take necessary emergency measures including administering oxygen or performing basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This is a highly interactive online course which provides students with 24 hour a day instructor support and course mentors. After meeting eligibility and job experience requirements, participants may take the Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) exam offered through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission. Exam fee of $225.00 is not included in the course. For additional information regarding the exam and eligibility, visit https://www.nncc-exam.org/certification/ccht.
Pre-requisites: High School Diploma or GED, must be 18 years of age
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.