Financial Aid for Veterans

Apply to NCC

If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students. 

Apply To NCC

PHEAA State Grant

Former active duty personnel who have been residents of Pennsylvania for 12 months; have an honorable discharge; are enrolled at least half-time in an approved program of study of at least two academic years; and are not in default of an educational loan, may be eligible for the PHEAA State Grant. Contact PHEAA at 1.800.692.7392 for additional information. You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Financial Aid Information Form. First-time applicants must also complete PHEAA form at

Other Financial Aid

Additional financial aid may be available, depending upon your financial need and eligibility, in the form of Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Grants (SEDG), and other campus-based aid. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and an NCC Financial Aid Information Form. Forms are available in the Financial Aid Office.

Federal Direct Loans for Students, and Federal District PLUS Loans for Parents, are available by separate application at The student must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and an Entrance Counseling form to apply.

Please note: Many of these programs may be utilized concurrently to provide substantial aid in completing a degree at Northampton Community College and beyond at a four-year college or university. VA Education benefits do not impact eligibility for state or federal grants.