Apply to NCC
If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students.
Apply To NCC
If you are a veteran looking for assistance in finding a job or new career as you transition into civilian life, we’ve put together a number of useful links that can not only help you get started with your job search, but can also help you find jobs specifically tailored to your skill and within the Lehigh Valley region.
Many of these organizations function in cooperation and partnership with other federal agencies, state and local governments, veterans service organizations, business and community groups, and professional associations. There are many organizations out there that are committed to providing every veteran with the opportunity to fully participate in the 21st Century’s expanding economy and to grow with the nation.
- www.jobgateway.pa.gov: Get career assistance, search for local job openings, create and manage your resume, apply for jobs online, connect with employers, and learn more about individual services.
- www.careerlinklehighvalley.org: PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley is an employment center that connects employers and job opportunities with qualified job seekers. PA CareerLink® is funded primarily by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and chartered by the Lehigh Valley Workforce Investment Board, Inc. who "guarantees that the employment, training, and labor market services and information you receive through our workforce delivery system are professional, comprehensive and on target."
- www.indeed.com/jobs?q=&l=Lehigh+Valley%2C+PA: Search the database at indeed.com, which is updated daily, by specific job skills, key word, and geographic region.
- www.vetjobs.com: VetJobs makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines, and their family members. VetJobs is a leading source for candidates with security clearances!
- www.vetcentral.us.jobs: Search for jobs by geographic region; part of the DirectEmployers Association
- www.military.com/veteran-jobs: Search jobs, upload a resume, network with veterans, get the services of a military skills translator, attend a career expo
- www.hireveterans.com: Recognized by industry experts as a leader, we offer Employers access to resumes and job postings so that they can reach our unique visitors. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, we offer the very best and relevant jobs offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad.Through our alliances with many veterans organizations, networks, and other military agencies, HireVeterans.com has established its brand as a top e-recruiting site for the veterans of our armed forces.
- www.militaryhire.com: Your military hiring network. This site has been developed and is maintained by a team of both military veterans and corporate hiring authorities. We have worked hard to create a network where former military personnel can seek careers and utilize their professional skills. Our mission is to "Serve Those Who Served" by connecting veterans of America's armed forces with employers who value their experience and skills.
- www.hireheroesusa.org: Heroes USA has built a national reputation of excellence for its success at helping unemployed veterans find jobs – currently at the rate of nine veterans confirmed hired every week. Our team is comprised of military veterans – many with combat experience in Iraq and Afghanistan– and business veterans.
- www.jobs2vets.com: We're honored to be of service by helping find jobs for veterans, leveraging our outstanding clients (employers) and our recruitment marketing technology. Our clients have joined together and combined their open jobs for this purpose. Our Military Jobs Transcoder was created to make it easier to find jobs for veterans using their military job code, matching them with the optimal civilian job search experience.
Financial Assistance, Networking and Veteran Connections:
- www.usacares.org: Our goal is to help restore financial stability and self-sufficiency by giving "a hand up not a hand out." Services are free to service men and women and their families without obligation to repay. Financial assistance is not given directly to service members or their families; instead, payments are made to mortgage lenders, utility companies, and other vendors. The objective is to reach families at the earliest stage of intervention to proactively prevent further financial distress.
- www.gijobs.com: Online news magazine with information on career tips, hot jobs, education, interview advice, and more
- www.rallypoint.com: RallyPoint was founded in 2012 by two military veterans at Harvard Business School to help make military life better. Backed by two of the US military's recent Joint Chiefs of Staff, RallyPoint connects its members and gives them the best tools possible to succeed both while in the military, and beyond. With RallyPoint, you can build out your professional network, connect with other members of the military in a safe environment, and explore career opportunities both within the military (PCS opportunities) as well as in the private sector.