Demonstration Sites for Inclusive Child Care & Arts Integration
We offer professional development opportunities through demonstration visits at Reibman Hall Children's Center. This Keystone STARS four-star facility is accredited by NAEYC and The Middle States Association for Colleges and Schools. Here, you can observe best practices in action as teachers utilize strategies and techniques central to Art as a Way of Learning® and Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Building Inclusive Child Care (BICC)
This program focuses on fostering and promoting inclusive and universally designed practices on behalf of children with developmental disabilities.
- Infant/Toddler Demonstration Visits (Course Code: ECEPD201)
Observe high-quality interaction, environments, curriculum and activities specifically designed for infants and toddlers.
Credit and Noncredit Courses and Workshops
For Credentialed Directors
- "Your Personal Best - A Leadership Experience" is the first in a series of programs designed to enhance understanding of best practices.
For Keystone Stars Sites
- Strategic Planning
- Budgeting and Your Business Plan
- Risk Management Plans
- Budgeting for Small Centers
- Budgeting for Home-Based Child Care
- ERS Refreshers
PD Public Offerings
Spring 2018 Workshops
To register and pay, please log into the continuing education division here http://northampton.edu/noncredit.htm You will need to create a profile so we can communicate with you. All offerings are eligible for ACT48, CEU's and clock hours of training in the PA Registry System (if applicable).
Create a customer account here: https://lifelearn.northampton.edu/modules/customer/index.html?action=courseSearch
Log in and then use the flyers above to search your course of interest to enroll in our system.
Welcome Letters and Course Information
Improving Environments Using Brain Research Welcome Letter April 2018 (PDF)
Communication: The Road to Successful Language and Literacy Welcome Letter April 2018 (PDF)
Self Active Play Welcome Letter April 2018 (PDF)
Challenging Youth Welcome Letter April 2018 (PDF)
Book Club: Who Moved My Cheese Welcome Letter April 2018 (PDF)
Observation for Early Learning Programs Welcome Letter May 2018 (PDF)
Managing Multiple Priorities Welcome Letter May 2018 (PDF)
Book Club: FISH! A Proven Way to Boost Morale Welcome Letter May 2018 (PDF)
Intentional Teaching for School Age Programs Welcome Letter May 2018 (PDF)
The View from the Door Welcome Letter June 4, 2018
The View from the Door Welcome Letter June 13, 2018
Time Management Welcome Letter June 2018
Welcoming Families Welcome Letter June 2018
For programs participating in Keystone STARS. For more information, check the Professional Development Calendar on the PA Keys to Quality Intranet at www.pakeys.org
- For programs offered by NCC and funded by the Mid State Regional Key, Northeast Regional Key, Northwest Regional Key, Southeast Regional Key, Southwest Regional Key, please visit the hyperlinks listed.
- For customized workshops and seminars
All of the workshops, seminars, credit and noncredit courses listed here can be tailored to the needs of your program, and be offered at your site. For more information, call 610.332.6541, or email specific questions.
Healthcare Education & Safety
- Early childhood Health and Safety
- AHA Pediatric First Aid for Child Care Practitioners
- Heartsaver CPR - Pediatric (infants and children)
- ECELS - Managing Illness
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Playground Safety
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Requirements
For more information, call 610.332.6541, or email specific questions.
NCC has a long history of successfully supporting programs through accreditation processes.
- Accreditation Study Groups - for programs currently accredited and working to meet new standards, and for programs interested in becoming accredited.
- Accreditation Mock On-Site Assessment Visits - can make practitioners more comfortable with the process, and identify ongoing quality improvements that you can make to meet the standards.
- Accreditation Resources
- Program and Classroom Portfolio Labels - templates for printing accreditation standard labels
- NAEYC Accreditation Plan Template - used to track your progress
Customized, individual, on-site consultation and resources to help you meet Keystone STARS Standards.
Individual and Small Group Consultation
Available on a wide range of topics, including practically any aspect of early childhood and school-age program operations. For more information, call 610.332.6541, or email specific questions.
- Leadership - Mission, Vision and Values; Motivating Staff, Advisory Groups, Family and Community Involvement, Accreditation, Advocacy and Public Policy
- Management - Strategic, Risk Management, and Business Planning, Human Resource Management, Finances
- Learning Environments, Curriculum and Program - Arts Integration, Promoting Literacy through the Arts, Inclusive Practices, Environmental Rating Scales, Early Learning Standards, Observation and Assessment
Learning Communities of Practice
NCC can provide opportunities for colleagues with similar goals or dilemmas to engage in shared inquiry and learning. As a community of people with diverse expertise, they can create a shared knowledge to solve problems. For more information, call 610.332.6541 or email specific questions.