September 20, 2012
The right to vote wasn't handed to Americans. They had to fight for it. Don't let previous generations' efforts go to waste - make sure you are registered to vote and have a valid photo ID ready for Tuesday, November 6!
1. Determine if you are eligible to vote. Go to votes.pa for voter registration requirements.
2. You can register to vote in-person or by mail. Deadline for submitting voter registration forms to county election offices is October 6, 2012. A voter registration drive was recently held at the Main Campus and an upcoming one will be held at the Monroe Campus.
3. If you're a student in Pennsylvania who has moved to a new country or a new state to attend college, you can still vote. You can register and vote where you live now, whether that is an on-campus or off-campus address. Or you may choose to register or remain registered and vote at your prior home address. Visit votes.pa for more information.
4. In order to vote, you MUST have a valid photo ID. Information on what constitutes a valid ID and how to obtain one (if necessary) can be found here.
5. If you are a current NCC student without a valid photo ID you can use your NCC ID to vote but only if an expiration sticker is affixed to it. To get an expiration sticker for your ID, bring a copy of your schedule and your current NCC ID card to:
Main Campus, College Center 200
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Monroe Campus Enrollment Office
Please see Laura Shamburger at the front desk during normal business hours
Fowler Family Southside Center students must come to the Main Campus.
If you do not have an NCC ID you can get one at CC200 or the Monroe Enrollment Office. For more voter registration information visit votespa.com.
To review Northampton Community College's guidelines for public comments, click here