Financial Aid Basics
Times: 11:00 am
Session Description: Come meet the staff and learn about financial aid. Topics include:
- The application process
- Federal Pell and State Pheaa grants
- Loan education and your responsibilities
- Student work study program
- The impact of dropping or failing a course
- Federal and state requirements
- Purchasing books with financial aid
- MyNCC portal
Additional information will be sent out to students prior to Orientation.
Career Exploration Session
Time: 10:15 am
Still exploring and haven’t decided on a major/program of study. This brief (45 minute) session will focus on strategies for exploring majors and careers, what to consider, and resources that can be helpful in this process.
For more in depth exploration, we offer the following options:
- Inventories including Strong Interest Inventory; Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) -- includes an individual appointment with a Career Services Specialist or counselor to interpret the results.
- Career GPS
- Choices360 (contact Career Services for login information)
- What Can I Do with This Major?
- Chronicle Career Library of Occupational Briefs
- Salem Press – Careers In
- Vocational Biographies
- O*Net Online