March 18, 2020
A message from NCC President Dr. Erickson
As we prepare to move to fully remote instruction on March 23, I wanted to take a moment to reassure you that in the midst of all the anxiety and worry over COVID-19, our college is thinking about you, each of you, and how we can help you finish this semester successfully. Please watch my video message above. We are all in this together, and while the move to online only instruction may be challenging for many students and faculty, we are working around the clock to make this transition as smooth as possible.
To that end, I wanted to share some helpful resources with you:
New to remote learning? Want to learn about Blackboard?
Please engage with this online self-paced training.
In this self-paced online training you will learn:
- How to log in to Blackboard and navigate within Blackboard
- What technology requirements are needed when using Blackboard
- What a typical course page looks like in Blackboard
- How to submit work through Blackboard
- Good habits for online/remote learning
- Who to connect with if you need assistance
Do you want to walk through Blackboard (Bb) with a member of NCC’s Online Learning team?
If yes, please click on one of the links below to join a live Bb chat – choose a time that works best for you. These links will allow you access to NCC’s Blackboard Collaborate – a tool used to do web chats.
- Wednesday 3/18, 8-9pm EST link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/d3e31d16959c455e8aa3388151f304cd
- Thursday 3/19, 8-9pm EST link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/ea2a017ac0ad4473a2dffa58562bddf0
- Friday 3/20, 11am-12pm EST link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/7cf7e88c2a9648e29bbe5b915812b943
- Sunday 3/22, 8-9PM EST link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/6b7504d221d3493393071561560e86ab
Have a question? Want quick help? Please visit the student help online office hours.
These are open sessions for students to ask questions and get assistance with Blackboard use. These sessions will be hosted by the NCC Online Learning team. View this link to access the online office hours:
- Monday 3/23, 2-4pm EST
- Monday 3/23, 8-9pm EST
- Tuesday 3/24, 10:30am-12:30pm EST
- Wednesday 3/25, 2-4pm EST
- Wednesday 3/25, 8-9pm EST
- Thursday 3/26, 10:30am-12:30pm EST
- Friday 3/27, 2-4pm EST
Many internet providers, such as Service Electric, are offering free Internet services during this time. To ensure that you have all you need to successfully make the transition from in person to online instruction, please fill out this student survey if you have not already done so.
Make sure to check your student email regularly as you will be receiving many updates in the next few days as we make this transition. It is by far the biggest challenge NCC has ever faced, yet we are confident that if we all work together, it can be a successful semester for all.
Dr. Mark Erickson