Electronics Technology Associate Degree
Northampton Community College's Electronics Technology program teaches students the fundamental skills needed to successfully troubleshoot issues and find solutions to technical problems. This degree is perfect for students interested in a career as an electronics technician and can be completed in as little as two years (of four years if taken on a part-time basis). Students can also transfer their credits to a four-year institution after completing the associate degree program.
Northampton has relationships with colleges in the Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey areas for students looking to further their education and earn a B.S. in Electronic Technology or related degree. We also offer a one-year, 21-credit Specialized Diploma program.
Take the Next Step
Electronics Technology Curriculum
Northampton's Electronics Technology Program has five key features:
- Core coursework, which focuses on DC/AC circuit analysis
- Mechanical skills, learned through team projects
- Computer skills, developed through AutoCAD and other applications
- Communication skills, taught through critical thinking
- Project work, which is integrated throughout all semesters
Our curriculum includes courses in Technical Computer Applications, Electronics Manufacturing, Engineering Graphics, and Microprocessors. Through these classes, students work as a team, conduct research, and operate electrical equipment. Skills learned in Northampton classes are directly applicable to careers in the field.
Careers in Electronics Technology
Students who earn an associate degree in Electronic Technology work in the fields of installation, repair, design, and operation as electronic technicians. Other job titles include equipment technician, customer service engineer, and technology specialist.
Electronic technicians are highly sought after by businesses in industries that rely on electronic equipment. These industries include manufacturing, telecommunications, medical, and more.
Electronics Technology Career Paths
- Senior Electronics Technician
Degrees We Offer
- Associate in Applied Science | 2 years
- Specialized Diploma | 1 year
- This entire program can be completed at our Bethlehem Campus