Related Areas of Study:
Electronics Technology Associate Degree
Northampton Community College's Electronics Technology program is perfect for students interested in a career as an electronics technician and can be completed in as little as two years (or four years on a part-time basis). Students can also transfer their credits to a four-year institution after completing the associate degree program.
Upon graduation students can enter the workforce or continue toward a B.S. in electronics technology (BSET or BSEET). Pennsylvania schools include Bloomsburg University, Pennsylvania State University (Harrisburg Campus), and Pennsylvania College of Technology (Williamsport). Students may also complete a B.S. degree in Technical Leadership from Bloomsburg University through a combination of courses offered either online or at NCC.
Electronics Technology Curriculum
The program reflects continuous industry input and monitoring of electronics education trends nationwide. The curriculum is applied and emphasizes a strong foundation in electronics fundamentals with hands-on skills critical to success in the field. Studies include:
- Core Coursework: DC/AC circuits analysis, solid state devices, integrated circuits, programmable digital electronics, and microcontrollers. Students develop troubleshooting skills using modern industry-standard instruments. All courses include a lab component.
- Mechanical Skills: Courses include Electronics Manufacturing with IPC-610 and J-Standard soldering certifications, Mechanical Skills, and Team Projects.
- Computer Skills: Technical reports use Multisim, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Students program devices using hardware description language (HDL) and C++ for microcontrollers.
- Communication Skills: Skills to record and report technical information are developed over the course of the program.
- Project Work: Prototyping is integrated into all semesters.
Careers in Electronics Technology
Technology companies want to hire well-rounded electronics technicians who can help their business grow profitably. Northampton’s Electronics Technology program integrates comprehensive electronic circuit theory and practical hands-on lab work with general education.
Northampton graduates are employed in areas such as installation, repair, operation, and product design in manufacturing, commercial, medical, and military applications.
Electronics Technology Career Paths
- Senior Electronics Technician
Degrees We Offer
- Associate in Applied Science | 2 years
- Specialized Diploma | 1 year
- This entire program can be completed at our Bethlehem Campus