Additional Campus Healthcare Information

In the event of a health emergency on campus, call Security at ext. 5588 on any of the red phones throughout campus. The Health Center will be notified and will respond to emergency, if possible.

Off hours and weekends, security should be called at ext. 5588. Resident students should notify the Resident Hall Director or Community Assistant immediately.

Resident Student Illness
If you live on campus and are feeling too sick to go out for meals, arrangements can be made through the Health Center or the Community Assistant to have meals delivered to your room.

Residence Life is responsible for the initial food delivery 24 hours after notification. It is then your responsibility to assure that meals are delivered. If you are put on a special diet by your doctor, the Health Center can arrange for the proper meals to be prepared for you by the Cafeteria Service.

Medical Transportation
For non-emergency medical services off campus, you will need to arrange for your own transportation. The college will not transport students to the hospital, physician's offices or clinics.

In the case of medical emergencies the Bethlehem Township EMS system will dispatch an emergency vehicle. Local transportation for non-emergency healthcare needs can be provided through Lehigh Valley Taxi.

Health Insurance

All international students, Allied Health students and students who live on-campus are required to maintain health insurance.

If you do not have health insurance, you can enroll in the student health insurance program managed by the Bursar's Office. Learn more about the policies offered through Collegiate Insurance Resources.

© Northampton Community College 3835 Green Pond Rd Bethlehem, PA 18020 610-861-5300