When obtaining these background checks, please remember to do the following:
- If you have any arrest or conviction on any background check you must notify the Education Department ( Education@northampton.edu). Failure to disclose this information may prevent you from completing field experiences.
- Use your home address (not school address) when applying for all background checks.
- Keep all original background checks in your credential portfolio.
- Keep hard copies of all background checks to use for observations.
- Never relinquish original background checks to anyone.
Students Must submit required clearances to:
Northampton Community College Education Department
Reibman Hall, Room 137
3835 Green Pond Road
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Phone: (610) 861-4561
Fax: (610) 861-4110
PDE FBI Federal Criminal History Background Check (Act 114)
1. Fingerprinting must be completed through IdentoGO, NOT state police.
2. Go to: https://uenroll.identogo.com (secure website)
3. Type in your service code (register in PA as a student taking a course in a university teacher education program): 1KG6RT
4. On the next screen, select "Schedule or Manage an Appointment." Complete the registration form, select a fingerprinting location, select the photo ID you will bring to your appointment (most select Driver's License), make an appointment or select walk-in, and print your confirmation form.
5. Take print-out of your registration and your selected photo ID to an IdentoGO fingerprinting site. You can search for an IdentoGO location on the IdentoGO website: https://www.identogo.com/locations
6. $22.60 fee charged to credit card or money order made out to Morpho Trust LLC...NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
7. You will receive a receipt (UEID number) at the fingerprinting location. After 48 hours you may check the status of your results: https://uenroll.identogo.com Submit these results to the Education Department.
DHS FBI Federal Criminal History Background Check (Act 114)
- Child Care Services/Program Employee or Contractor Service Code: 1KG738, click GO
- Click Schedule or Manage Appointment and complete all Essential Info then click Next
- Complete all Additional Information then click Next (create a security question and answer, write this down for future reference)
- Complete all Citizenship information then click Next
- Complete all Personal Questions information then click Next (you do not have an authorization code)
- Complete all Personal Information then click Next
- Complete all Address information then click Next
- Choose the Identification Document you will bring to your enrollment then click Next
- Search for an Enrollment Center for Location to be fingerprinted then click Next
- Select Date and Select Time for fingerprinting appointment then click Next (scheduled appointments take priority over Walk-Ins)
- Print the enrollment screen (you will also receive an email from IdentoGo confirming appointment)
- Hit Submit
- You will be prompted to confirm appointment. Your $23.85 payment will be made at the IdentoGo Center via Credit Card, Business Check or Money Order..NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS.
- You will receive your official results via US Mail.
- Submit to the Education Department.
The Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
1. This clearance can be obtained by logging on to: https://epatch.state.pa.us (secure website)
2. Select "Submit a New Record Check" (do NOT click the link for "volunteers"), choose "Individual Request," and under reason for, click on "Employment."
3. $22.00 fee charged to credit card.
4. Print the certificate form displaying the Pennsylvania state seal and submit to the Education Department.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
1. Apply online at: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
2. Start by creating your "Individual Account" and "Keystone ID." You will need to wait until you receive an email with your account information to proceed.
3. Once you have logged in with your Keystone ID and password, click on "Create Clearance Application" and when prompted choose "School Employee Governed by Public School Code."
4. Complete the application process.
5. $8.00 fee by debit or credit card.
6. Print an electronic version and submit to the Education Department.
Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania Online Training (Act 31)
1. Complete this FREE online training at: www.ReportAbusePa.Pitt.edu
2. Print the certificate of completion and submit to the Education Department.
National Sex Offender Registry Verification
- Currently, all applicants for NSOR verification must print and fill out the application. All fields of the application must be completed.
- There is no fee for the NSOR verification.
- Processing time is 14 calendar days from the date the application is received at the Clearance Verification Unit (CVU).
- Students MUST Make a copy of the application prior to sending and then send a copy of the results to the Education Department for your record.
- Once completed, use one of the following options to submit the application for processing:
- Mail to the Clearance Verification Unit, Child Line at the following address:
Department of Human Services, PO Box 8170, Harrisburg, PA 17150-8170
- Scan and email the application to: RA-PWNSOR@pa.govwith "NSOR Verification Applicant _(Your Last Name)" in the subject line
PA Department of Education Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24)
1. This form can be found at: http://www.education.pa.gov/documents/teachers-administrators/background%20Checks/arrest%20or%20conviction%20form.pdf
2. Read, sign and submit to the Education Department.
TB (Tuberculin) Skin Test
- TB testing may be administered by your private health care provider or the NCC Main Campus Health Center.
- Results may be submitted on a script pad or doctor's letterhead with your name, results, date and physician signature.
- Submit to the Education Department.
If you are a Northampton Community College student living outside of Pennsylvania or intending to complete an internship or clinical placement outside of the state in a NCC program leading to professional licensure, you should review requirements on the state board website to make sure that the program qualifies.
Licensure requirements vary from state to state and you may require additional authorization from the professional licensing agency in that state. Participating in a program from outside of Pennsylvania, if not properly authorized by that state's professional licensing board, could result in loss of licensing eligibility. If you need help or have questions, please contact the Program Director for more information.
All students taking education classes in a major that requires field experiences are required to complete background checks and relevant medical and personal reference checks. Students must begin this Mandatory Student Paperwork process as soon as they enroll as education majors; this allows ample time for Mandatory Student Paperwork to be completed, submitted to NCC, and processed.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education requires that all students participating in field experience must provide Mandatory Student Paperwork…select your program below for details. Obtaining the Mandatory Student Paperwork will require out of pocket expenses.
Early Childhood Education
Middle and Secondary Education