Ready to take the next step?
We are so happy you are interested in dual enrollment at NCC! Please follow the steps below and review the information provided in the application guide to get started.
Follow these steps to apply to NCC as a dual enrollment student:
- Talk to your school counselor to see if you are eligible and learn about course options and times. If you’re a home-schooled student please refer to our FAQs below.
- Watch this application video or review this application one-sheeter to help you complete your application correctly.
- Apply to NCC (make sure you confirm your e-mail address when creating your account).
- Submit the FERPA & Approval Form.pdf with all signatures to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to your school counselor
- Have your high school send a copy of your official transcript to email@example.com.
- Look for your acceptance email from NCC. This is sent to the email you used for the application within 24 hours of applying. (Be sure to check your spam mailbox).
- Log in to your Student Workday Portal to set up your student portal and create your new password. If you need help, watch this video.
- Log into your NCC Email & check it often. This will be the only way NCC will communicate with you from now on. Watch this video for instructions on accessing your NCC email account.
Register for Courses:
Once you have completed the application process allow 5-7 business days for your FERPA & Approval Form.pdf and transcript to be processed prior to attending a registration session. To register for courses please follow the steps listed below and the information provided in the registration guide.
- This is a small group zoom session where students/families can ask questions and troubleshoot any registration concerns.
- Prior to joining a session, log into your Student Workday Portal to set up your account (if you haven't already).
- Make sure you are logged into your account when you join the session.
2. Can't make it to a Virtual Registration Session? Review our registration video and register on your own.
Commonly Asked Application & Registration Questions
I accidentally applied as a different major other than high school dual enrollment. What do I do?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, NCC ID (included in your acceptance email), name of your HS and graduation year to let us know of this error.
I cannot log in or update my password on the Workday Student Portal. What do I do?
Please make sure you are entering the information provided correctly. Remember you are using your NCC email address (provided in your acceptance email). If you are still receiving an error, please contact the NCC Help Desk at HelpDesk@northampton.edu or call 610-861-5413.
I am homeschooled and do not have a school counselor and/or transcript.
The parent/guardian who is overseeing the homeschooler can sign for the school counselor. Please provide any transcript that you may have. Home Schooled students should sign up for the NCC Placement Test for English and/or Math here to assist with placement in college courses (as a transcript is reviewed).
How many courses can I register for?
The College Connections Specialists recommend 1-2 courses per semester, but this is a personal decision. Remember that you will be taking college level courses which is a different workload than you have experienced before. Also, keep in mind your high school course load, activities, work, and also that each course has a financial cost including the cost of books/supplies.
Why do I see a troubleshoot button instead of a register button?
There are a few reasons this may be happening:
- You didn’t clear out the items in your inbox (top right). Please review the how to log in video again How to Log in to Workday
- You do not meet the prerequisite for the course you selected. You can see those guidelines listed on the left hand side, above the “troubleshoot” area.
- If you’re recently sent in your FERPA form and/or transcript please allow 5-7 business days for our staff to update your record which includes updating your GPA. There are several courses that require a cumulative GPA of 3.0/83% (English eligible).
- If you have not sent your FERPA form or transcript, both should be sent to email@example.com
What are the course formats?
NCC offers several course formats as well as schedule types (various start/end dates throughout the semester). Learn more here.
Where can I view the courses outside of Workday?
You can view course offerings outside of Workday using our Course Search Tool here.
How do I know what classes I should take?
The College Connections Specialists recommend you start with what colleges call General Education courses: English 1 & 2, Introduction to Psychology, or Introduction to Communication.
Can I take honors courses?
NCC does offer a limited number of honors courses. You will need to apply and be accepted before you can register for honors sections of any course. For more information about our Honors Program, click here.
I have AP test results how do I share that?
Please send an unofficial copy of your AP test results by logging in to your College Board account and downloading your Score Report. You can send your Score Report to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and NCC ID in your email, and make sure your name appears clearly on your score report (it cannot be handwritten).
I have not met the pre-requisite for my course, what are my options?
Students can take our English and/or math placement test to possibly gain eligibility. For more information, visit our Placement Testing website.
I have not met the pre-requisite for my course but believe I am academically capable. Can I appeal it?
What do I do next?
Look out for an email to your NCC email address with next steps including making a payment and purchasing your course materials.