COVID-19 Information & Semester Plans

Frequently Asked Questions


Here is helpful information for admitted students.

I have been accepted at NCC. Now what do I do?

Congratulations! Please review your acceptance packet and review our visa information page.

How can I apply to live on campus?

Please complete an International Housing Application

How do I register for classes at NCC?

Students will register for classes during mandatory international student orientation.

Where is my student ID number and login information?

Your student ID number and login information were provided in your acceptance letter from NCC. Use this information to log in to MyNCC before you arrive.  

When can I enter the U.S.?

Check your Form I-20 for the "Earliest Admission Date".

Where should I put my immigration documents while traveling?

Always keep your original immigration documents with you while traveling, including your passport, student visa, I-20 or DS-2019, I-94 (only required for re-entering the U.S.), NCC acceptance letter, and financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses. 

Is orientation mandatory? 

Yes, orientation is mandatory for all international students. During orientation, you will take placement tests, register for classes, receive important information about campus resources, and meet faculty, staff, and other international students. Please review our orientation page.

Is health insurance mandatory?

Health insurance is not required to study in the U.S. However, going to a doctor or hospital can be very expensive, so it is highly recommended that you obtain health insurance to cover you while you study here. See our Health Insurance page to learn more about an affordable option for health insurance; you can even enroll in this plan before you arrive at NCC.  

What should I bring from home? 

Please bring original immigration documents in your carryon bag. Students should also bring:

  • U.S. dollars or cash in your currency to exchange upon arrival 
  • Electrical outlet and plug converter (the U.S. uses 120 V and has type A and type B electrical plugs)

Additionally, if you are living on campus you will need:

  • Completed Housing and Residence Life Health form  
  • Vaccination records 
  • Bed linens (long twin sheets, pillow, blanket) and towels