Social Security Numbers

As an eligible educational institution, we are required to file 1098T information returns with the IRS and to furnish a 1098T statement to qualified students. In order to meet IRS regulations, we are required to provide a correct identifying number with these returns. This would be the student's social security number (SSN) or, for students not eligible to obtain a SSN, an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN). Students who do not provide requested information may have a hold placed on their account until such information is received. A social security number may be provided in person with your social security card, or by submitting IRS Form W-9S Request for Student's Identification Number.

Form 1098T is not issued to students who have dropped all courses, taken only non-credit courses, are covered under a formal billing arrangement or are non-resident aliens.