Spring 2021 Election Information
The mission of the NCC Student Senate is to serve as the voice of the student body by: promoting cooperation and community engagement, developing and maintaining college spirit, serving as a liaison among faculty and administration and encouraging superior standards in leadership, loyalty, honesty and respect.
The Student Senate shall consist of fifteen (15) members: five (5) elected officers, and ten (10) elected senators. Membership is open to any member of the student body, defined as any full or part-time student.
Excerpt from the Student Senate By-laws:
Responsibilities of the Student Senate
The Student Senate shall have primary responsibility for the following:
- Recommend budget allocations for recognized Student Senate organizations to the Vice-President of Enrollment and Student Affairs or his/her designee.
- Recommend changes in College policy to appropriate administrators.
- Assist the Vice-President for Academic Affairs or his/her designee and the Vice-President of Enrollment and Student Affairs or his/her designee to provide student representation to: College Life Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Curriculum Committee, Academic Appeals, and Academic Policy.
- Act for, and on behalf of, the Student Body.
- Individual members shall act as liaisons to assigned campus organizations.