Residence Hall Commons
Located directly across the street from the main academic buildings, the Residence Hall Commons is a traditional residential building built in the 1980's and renovated in 2015. The building is home to the majority of students living on campus and serves as the hub for housing our diverse student population. The Residence Hall Commons includes student rooms, study lounges, social spaces, laundry rooms, and the Dining Commons.
The Residence Hall Commons is comprised of mostly double occupancy rooms, a limited number of single rooms, and also a triple and quad room as well. For the 2022-2023 academic, we will be offering "Deluxe Single" rooms for the first time allowing students to live in a double by themselves.
Each room in the Residence Hall Commons is slightly different. Due to this, we will not able to provide you with specific dimensions of your rooms. However, each student is provided with a bed (XL Twin Mattresses), a dresser, desk chair, desk and closet.
Types of Rooms
- Double Room: the most common room-type available. Students living in a double room will need to identify and select a roommate to live with for the semester, for a total of two (2) students living in a double room.
- Single Room: limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some single rooms are set aside for medical accomodations and the rest are open for students to select when choosing a room when completing their application.
- Deluxe Single Room: traditional double room with only one person living in the room. These rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These rooms are given priority to Adult Learners (non-traditional) and Returning Students who have lived on campus previously.
Residence Hall Commons Amenities
- Dining Commons: conveniently located within the Residence Hall Commons, the Dining Commons offers a wide variety of options each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu changes daily to allow for a greater variety of food options for the students, in addition to standard items at the grill and pizza station that are open every day. The staff is happy to work with you if you have food allergies, a specific diet, or items you would like to see offered. Visit the Residential Dining Page for more information regarding meal plan options and costs.
- The Den: conveniently located within the Residence Hall Commons, the Den is a late night snack bar. The Den offers a variety of snacks like chicken fingers, burgers, fries, and more. Residents can use their FLEX dollars here after the dining hall closes.
- Laundry: FREE for all residents! Laundry rooms are available in the Residence Hall Commons and available for all residents for use. All of the machines are high efficiency machines, so please buy HE detergent when you are buying supplies to bring to campus (laundry detergent pods are a great choice!).
- Community Space: within the Residence Hall Commons, there are multiple lounges that provide space for studying, socializing and relaxing. Each lounge is equipped with a large screen TV, couches, chairs and tables for students to use. These spaces are the hubs for community and social engagement.
- Learning Lounge: located in the center of the building by the mailboxes, the Learning Lounge offers students a quiet space to do homework, work a project with friends, or study. The lounge features several tables, a large whiteboard, resources, computers, and a printer. The Learning Lounge hosts a reoccuring program during the academic year, "Homework Huddle" where peer tutors are available and students work collaboratively to study.
- Mail: Each resident will be assigned a mailbox number when they arrive on campus. Mail is delivered to the residence hall, Monday through Friday each week, during the fall and spring semesters. Students that receive packages will receive an email to their student email indicating they need to stop by the College Mail Room, located in College Center building, to pick up their package.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the Residence Hall Commons at no additional cost to the residents. Stream your favorite show or movie, play games online with friends, or finish research for a paper.
- Work Orders: Something broken or not workng properly in your room? Don't worry, just submit a work order! Residents can submit a work order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from Facilities will do their best to address the problem or concern.
- Microfridge: No need to worry about bringing a refrigerator or microwave when you move in! Each room in the Residence Hall Commons has a microfridge (refrigerator, freezer, microwave combo) unit placed in your room to use. One less thing for you to worry about!