New to NCC? New to online learning? Complete these steps to help you prepare for the semester:
- Review the technology requirements page. Plan ahead for what type of device, internet browsers, and software you'll need access to.
- Check out the self-paced virtual campus welcome session. Get tips and training for Blackboard, other course technology, academic resources, student services, student email, and more.
- Sign up for an Online Learning Bootcamp (practice course). Get a risk-free chance to test out Blackboard and video conferencing tools before classes begin. Practice courses are available two weeks prior to semester start dates.
- Refer to the Online Learning FAQ for other questions you may have.
- Contact OnlineLearning@northampton.edu if you have any remaining questions.
- Check your student email regularly and download the NCCGo app to receive NCC updates.
Student Blackboard Help:
24/7 support via phone - Call 610-332-6089. Please leave a voicemail if prompted. Assistance is available 24/7, including weekends and holidays.
Virtual "drop-in" help hours – Student Blackboard help is available via Zoom throughout the fall semester. Up until 12/10/20, virtual drop-in assistance will be offered every Monday from 9-11 AM ET, every Wednesday from 10AM - 12PM ET, and every Thursday from 2 - 4 PM ET. Drop-in assistance will not be offered on 11/26/20.
Access this service by clicking this zoom link. Assistance will be provided individually on a first come, first served basis. If another student is already being helped when you click the link to join, you will temporarily be put into a virtual waiting room until it’s your turn. Drop-in help is intended for quick questions.Virtual drop-in help schedules for Winter and Spring sessions will be shared here at a later date.
30-minute individualized appointments - Schedule an online appointment by clicking this link. These appointments are intended for more in-depth questions.
- Support via email - Email email@example.com . For after hours support, students are directed to call 610-332-6089 rather than email.
Click below for additional information:
Blackboard Course Tour
Check out a walk through of an NCC course in Blackboard:
Blackboard Login Instructions - Students
1. Go directly to Blackboard: https://northampton.blackboard.com
2. Enter your Blackboard username and password. If you have never changed your Blackboard password, both your username AND password will be your NCC student ID number.
3. Once you log, you can change your password. You can find more information about changing your password in this helpful guide.
4. If you are unable to login following these directions, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your NCC email address. They will be able to reset your password for you.
Blackboard Mobile App
NCC has the Blackboard mobile app enabled for all students.
The username and password for the app are the same username and password as you would use on your computer when logging directly into Blackboard. For login instructions, refer to "Blackboard Login Instructions - Students".
To download the app on your smart phone, follow these instructions.
NCC has free Wifi access available from the parking lot in the following areas:
Reibman Hall parking spots facing communication hall (signal weakens on the outer circle spots)
T-Building visitors spots between street and sidewalk leading to entrance door
Penn Hall staff parking lot (park facing Penn Hall for best signal)
Course Content Support
If you have questions about course content, you are encouraged to communicate with your specific course instructor for assistance. Faculty contact information will be listed in your course syllabus.
Email and MyNCC support
For help with NCC email and MyNCC, contact the Information Technology Help Desk.
Student Resource Page on Blackboard
All current students will have access to this resource throughout the semester. After logging in to Blackboard, click "Student Resource Page" under "My Communities" for additional help, information, and resources.