New to NCC? New to online learning? Complete these steps to help you prepare for the Fall semester:
- Review the technology requirements page. Plan ahead for what type of device, internet browsers, and software you'll want to have ready for the start of the semester.
- Check out the self-paced virtual campus welcome session. This online resource features photo and video tours of Blackboard as well as helpful information about course technology, academic resources, student services, student email, and more.
- Consider signing up for the Fall 2020 Online Learning Bootcamp (practice course). Would you like a risk-free chance to test out common Blackboard tools and video conferencing tools before your fall classes begin? This free practice course will be accessible from August 10 – September 4.
- Refer to the Online Learning FAQ for other questions you may have.
- Contact OnlineLearning@northampton.edu if you have any remaining questions.
Course content support:
If you have questions about course content, you are encouraged to communicate with your specific course instructor for assistance. Faculty contact information will be listed in your course syllabus.
Student support for email/MyNCC/Zoom/Devices borrowed from NCC:
If you are having trouble with any of these items, contact the Information Technology Help Desk.
Student Blackboard Help:
Virtual "drop-in" help hours – Help is available via Zoom for summer session 2 students between July 6 and August 13. Access this service on Wednesdays between 10:00AM and 12:00PM ET or Thursdays between 2:00PM and 4:00PM ET by clicking this zoom link. Assistance will be provided individually on a first come, first served basis. If another student is already being helped when you click the link to join, you will temporarily be put into a virtual waiting room until it’s your turn. Drop-in help is intended for quick questions.
30-minute individualized appointments - Schedule an online appointment by clicking this link. These appointments are intended for more in-depth questions.
24/7 support via phone - Call 610-332-6089. Please leave a voicemail if prompted. Assistance is available 24/7, including weekends and holidays.
- Support via email - Email firstname.lastname@example.org . For after hours support, students are directed to call 610-332-6089 rather than email.
Check out a walk through of an NCC course in Blackboard:
Blackboard mobile app:
NCC has the Blackboard app enabled for all students. The username and password for the app are the same username and password as you would use on your computer when logging directly into Blackboard. Login instructions are listed below.
To download the app on your smart phone, follow these instructions.
Logging into Blackboard directly - student instructions:
- Go directly to Blackboard: https://northampton.blackboard.com
- Enter your Blackboard username and password. If you have never changed your Blackboard password, both your username AND password will be your NCC student ID number.
- Once you log, you can change your password. You can find more information about changing your password in this helpful guide.
- If you are unable to login following these directions, email email@example.com from your NCC email address. They will be able to reset it for you.
NCC has free Wifi access available from the parking lot in the following areas:
Reibman Hall parking spots facing communication hall (signal weakens on the outer circle spots)
T-Building visitors spots between street and sidewalk leading to entrance door
Penn Hall staff parking lot (park facing Penn Hall for best signal)