Important Program Information
Dental Hygiene is a fall-start clinical program. Students may apply to the clinical program starting October 1. Applications must be completed by January 15. Students will not be able to apply to the clinical program after January 15.
After January 15, students who wish to take general education courses toward the Dental Hygiene degree may apply to the General Studies program of study.
I. High school students and students with 12 or fewer college credits completed:
• High school Biology with a lab or NCC’s BIOS 115 with a grade of “B” or better. *
• High school Chemistry with a lab or NCC’s CHEM 135 with a grade of “B” or better. *
• A cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or better; 3.0 GPA or higher in both science and non-science program–specific courses (for college students with 12 or fewer credits).
II. Students with more than 12 college credits completed:
• Most recently completed Biology course with a lab and grade of “B” or better if completed in high school, or grade of a “B-” or better if completed in college (i.e. NCC BIOS 115, BIOS 160, or BIOS 204). *
• Most recently completed Chemistry course with a lab and grade of “B” or better if completed in high school, or grade of “B-” or better if completed in college (i.e. NCC CHEM 135). *
• A cumulative GPA of 2.7 in both science and non-science program-specific courses (if applicable).
*High school courses must be college preparatory level. Equivalents from other colleges may satisfy requirements.
Please Be Advised
• Dental Hygiene is a competitive program. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the clinical program.
• Students admitted to the clinical program must complete ENGL101 and CHEM135 prior to the Fall semester start.
• Students not admitted to the clinical program will be admitted to the General Studies program of study to take general education courses toward the Dental Hygiene degree.
Use this checklist and the online Admissions portal to track the completion of your application:
• Submit the application in the online Admissions portal.
• Submit official transcripts for all education completed to the Processing Center. Transcripts are required for high school, GED, and, if attended, college.
• Complete the Career Assessment Form (CAF) and upload to the online Admissions portal. Refer to Dental Hygiene page and click on “program details.” NOTE: Once uploaded, this document can’t be replaced with another.
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 610-861-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.