Important Program Information
Students may apply to the clinical program starting October 1. Applications must be completed by March 15. Students will not be able to apply to the clinical program after March 15.
After March 15, students who wish to take general education courses toward the Funeral Service Education degree may apply to the General Studies program of study.
I – High school graduates and non-traditional student applicants…
• High School Biology with a lab or NCC’s BIOS 115 with a grade of “C” or better.*
• High School Chemistry with a lab or NCC’s CHEM 135 with a grade of “C” or better.*
• High School G.P.A. of 2.75 or better.
*High school courses must be college preparatory level. Equivalents from other colleges may satisfy requirements.
II – Transfer student applicants…
• Grades of C or better in each course being transferred to NCC.
• College G.P.A. of 2.75 or better.
III – Funeral Service Education core courses (courses with the prefix FUNS) may only be taken by those students who have completed the 60 hours of general education requirement with a cumulative college G.P.A. of 2.75 or higher, and with final grades of C or better in the following classes: ACCT101 or ACCT100, BIOS160, BIOS202, BUSA152, CHEM135, CISC101, PSYC221.
Please be advised:
• Funeral Service Education is a competitive program. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admissions to the clinical program.
• Students not admitted to the clinical program will be admitted to the General Studies program of study to take general education classes toward the Funeral Service Education degree.
• Funeral Service is a physically demanding occupation.
Use this checklist and the online Admissions portal to track the completion of your application:
• Submit the application in the online Admissions portal.
• Submit official transcripts for all education to the Processing Center. Transcripts are needed for high school, GED, and if attended, college.
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 610-861-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.