Borrowing & Renewing Items from the NCC Libraries
Currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff are eligible for a library account allowing them to borrow items from our collections.
Activating Your Library Card
- Student Borrowing Agreement
- Faculty/Staff Borrowing Agreement
- Students, faculty, and staff can have their photo ID activated for use as a library card.
- Students may need to provide verification of current enrollment.
- Community members can register for a library account at the Library Circulation Desk. You will need to supply a valid photo ID (driver's license, passport, NCC photo ID, etc.) showing your place of residence.
Loan Periods and Renewal Information
- Books: 3 weeks (2 renewals)
- Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
- Videos, Tapes, DVDs: 1 week (1 renewals)
- Reserves: 2 hours to 1 week (no renewals)
Items can be renewed through SpartaCat by accessing My Account. Please contact the Circulation Desk at 610-861-5360 if you have forgotten your PIN.
Return library items using the libraries' outdoor dropboxes. The Bethlehem dropbox is located at the North entrance of College Center, off the Quad. The Monroe dropbox is located at the West entrance of Keystone Hall, near the non-automated doors. While access to the libraries is limited at this time, items may also be returned for free through UPS using the shipping envelope and label we can provide to you.
Failure to return library materials or pay fees may result in a hold being placed on an individual's library account or college Bursar account. Library account holds are obligations to NCC, and may prohibit receipt of grades, course registration, transcript requests, graduation, and further borrowing of library materials.
Reserve materials are library resources that professors set aside so that students in a particular class can share them. The length of time students may use each item is determined by the professor placing the reserve.
Reserve items are only available to students. Located at the library service desks, these items can be borrowed for 2-hour or 4-hour in-library use or 1-day, 2-day, or 1-week checkout.
Fees for Overdue Reserves, Lost, or Damaged Materials
Library materials are meant for everyone. Borrowing them is a privilege granted with the expectation they will be returned on time for other patrons to use. The NCC Libraries has ended its policy of charging late fees to avoid causing anyone financial hardship, but please be courteous and return your library materials by their due date.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Unreturned or damaged ibrary items will be considered lost and you will be charged the item's cost plus a $5.00 replacement fee.