Borrowing & Renewing Items from the NCC Libraries
- Register for your library account at the Library Circulation Desk.
- You will need to supply a valid photo ID (driver's license, passport, NCC photo ID, etc).
- Students may need to provide verification of current enrollment.
- There is a $10 fee for library cards for community members.
- Students, faculty and staff can have their NCC photo ID activated for use as a library card. Community members will receive a standard library card.
Loan Periods and Renewal Information
- Books: 3 weeks (2 renewals)
- Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
- Videos, Tapes, DVDs: 1 week (1 renewals)
- Reserves: 2 hours to 1 week (no renewals)
Items can be renewed through SpartaCat by accessing My Account. Please contact the Circulation Desk at 610-861-5360 if you have forgotten your PIN.
Reserve materials are library resources that professors set aside so that students in a particular class can share them. The length of time students may use each item is determined by the professor placing the reserve.
Two-hour and four-hour reserves are located at the circulation desk and are shelved in alphabetical order by title. These materials must be used in the library. Two-day and one-week reserves are shelved in the stacks by their call number. These materials may be checked out for use outside the library.
Fines for Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Materials
Library materials are meant for everyone. Borrowing them is a privilege granted with the expectation they will be returned on time for other patrons to use. If items are returned late, the following fines will be applied:
Overdue Reserve Materials
1 week or 2 day $1.00/day
Lost or Damaged Materials
Item replacement cost plus a $5.00 per item rocessing fee.