All exams require the presentation of proper identification - no exceptions!
A Northampton Community College student photo I.D. is acceptable. You can also use an unexpired Drivers License, State DMV Photo I.D. or Passport.
Pearson VUE Exams
Please carefully read the identification requirements that Pearson VUE provides you with when you register for your exam. These requirements are strictly adhered to by the NCC Testing Center. If your I.D. does not meet the stated requirements, you will not be able to take your exam. Please note that the identification presented must not be expired.
Require a photo ID with signature (e.g., driver’s license, state ID, student ID, military ID, employee ID, U.S. green card, or valid passport).
All test takers must present current and valid picture identification such as a driver's license, passport, or picture student identification card. Expired identification is not acceptable.
Military service members need to provide their Common Access Card (CAC) and one valid government–issued identification card at the time of check in. You will not be able to sit for the exam without providing the CAC. The government-issued identification card (e.g., driver’s license, or state-issued identification card) must not be expired. The name on the identification card must exactly match the name used to register for the exam (including designations such as “Jr.” and “III”).
The test taker's identification must:
- Be government-issued
- Be an original document - photocopied documents are not acceptable
- Be valid and current - expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable, no matter how recently they may have expired
- Bear the test-taker's full name, in English language characters, exactly as it appears on the Registration Ticket, including the order of the names
- Middle initials are optional and only need to match the first letter of the middle name when present on both the ticket and the identification.
- Bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test-taker
- Include the test-taker's signature
- Be in good condition, with clearly legible text and a clearly visible photograph
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Government-issued passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Driver's license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph, and signature (including electronic signatures)
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph, and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph, and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph, and signature
If you are a high school or home-schooled student under the age of 21 and you do not have one of the acceptable forms of government-issued ID listed above, or if you are a DANTES-funded military candidate, please contact the Testing Center for more information.
Exams for Outside Colleges, Universities or Businesses
The Testing Center abides by the instructions provided to us. At the very minimum, an unexpired, government-issued photo ID with your name and signature will be required but check with your institution before you come in to find out if additional identification is needed.