Safety First... and Always
Chief of Public Safety Keith Morris,
The use of online marketplaces (like those offered through Craigslist and Facebook) are on the rise, especially during the holiday season. While we recommend avoiding their use because of the risks involved, if you choose to use an online marketplace to buy or sell, always take precautions including:
- Insisting on meeting any prospective buyer/seller in a public place during daylight hours.
- Bringing a friend or family member with you.
- Telling someone where you are going and who you are meeting with.
- Never arranging a meeting in a secluded place, or inviting strangers to your home.
- Being aware of your surroundings and leaving if something doesn’t feel right.
If you live in the Bethlehem area, I encourage you to take advantage of the new exchange zone in the Bethlehem Township municipal building parking lot. Two spaces, distinguished by being outlined in green and located about 20 feet from the entrance to the police headquarters, is designated for people to conduct internet, child custody or other transactions.
Northampton Community College’s Public Safety Office works to ensure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Safety at NCC is a shared responsibility that every member of the college community needs to take seriously. We believe that the key to preventing crime is awareness. If you ever observe any person or activity that appears unusual or suspicious at any NCC location, please report it to the Public Safety Department:
Bethlehem Campus: 610-861-5588
Monroe Campus: 570-369-1911
Fowler Center: 484-390-3240