Veterans Online Access to DD-214 and NOBE

Apply to NCC

If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students. 

Apply To NCC

Most veterans and their next of kin can obtain FREE copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) via online access.

To use the system, you must be a military veteran, next of kin of a deceased member of the military, or former member of the military. If you are not the veteran or next of kin, you must complete the Standard Form 180 (SF 180), Request Pertaining to Military Records, which may be downloaded from the web site listed above.

To initiate a request for Military Personnel Records using the National Archives web site, click on the web page and the "Request Military Records" button at the bottom of the page. This will launch a separate window. You will then enter the required information in the system to create a customized request form. The form must be printed, signed and dated, then submitted via fax or mail. (The Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. 552a, requires that all requests for records and information must be submitted in writing.)

If you have received a less than Honorable Discharge and wish to appeal to the VA to have it upgraded you must wait for a minimum of 6 months from your date of separation to appeal.After the waiting period you must complete the VA form DD293 and submit it for decision, for you may not receive VA Education benefits without an Honorable Discharge. "General (Under Honorable Conditions)" does not meet the VA requirements.
*Log on and search Board of Veterans Appeals