Important Program Information
Veterinary Technician is a fall-start program. Students may apply to the clinical program starting October 1. Applications must be completed by March 15. Students will not be able to apply to the clinical program after March 15.
After March 15, students who wish to take general education courses toward the Veterinary Technician degree may apply to the General Studies program of study.
• High School Biology with a lab or NCC’s BIOS115 with a grade of “B” or better.*
• High School Algebra I and II or NCC’s MATH 022 and 026 with grades of “C” or better or exemption through math placement testing.*
• 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average
• At the time of the application, the student must have completed 20 hours of observation in a veterinary facility within the past year and completed the Career Exploration Form (CEF) available on NCC’s Veterinary Technician catalog page.
*High school courses must be college preparatory level. Equivalents from other colleges may satisfy requirements.
Please be advised:
• Veterinary Technician is a competitive program. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the clinical program.
• Students not admitted to the clinical program will be admitted to the General Studies program of study to take general education classes toward the Veterinary Technician degree.
Use this checklist and the online Admissions portal to track the completion of your application:
• Submit the application in the online Admissions portal.
• Submit official transcripts for all education to the Processing Center. Transcripts are needed for high school, GED, and if attended, college(s).
• Complete the Career Exploration Form (CEF) and upload to the online Admission portal. Refer to Veterinary Technician program page and click on “program details.” NOTE: Once uploaded, this document can’t be replaced with another.
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 610-861-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.