The following technology is required for online courses (online, remote, and online-blended) as well as on-campus courses that utilize Blackboard or online instructional tools:
- Reliable access to a standard computer (PC with Windows or Mac) or Chromebook.
- iPads, tablets, and smart phones may not work with software in online courses.
- Local students can utilize on-campus computer labs. Most of our computer labs are located in our libraries. Click here for library locations and business hours.
- NCC's Helpdesk has a limited number of Chromebooks to loan out to students. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 610-861-5413.
- Strong internet connection. High speed broadband internet access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended. Note that the following factors can negatively impact your internet strength:
- Using a shared Internet connection could impact connectivity – shared connection could include streaming TV, gaming, or other online activities.
- Using wireless connections – connectivity could be impacted by the distance from the router (wired connections are better for connectivity).
- Service from your internet provider may vary throughout the day due to community usage.
Remote and online-blended courses require online live meetings via video conferencing tools. Additionally, other NCC courses ( online, hybrid, or on-site) may include assignments that require access to a computer equipped with a camera and microphone. We recommend that students have access to a computer that is equipped with a camera and microphone.
- Camera and microphone can be built in to the device or purchased separately and plugged in.
- Plug in cameras and microphones can be purchased from the NCC bookstore, Walmart, Amazon, and many other stores.
Are you having trouble with technology that is used in your course?
- Scroll through the list of course technology below or use the search box to type in the specific technology that you need help with.
- Click on each item to access helpful student support information.