Early Childhood Education: Infant to Grade Four Associate Degree (61 credits)
The Associate Degree is accredited by National Association for the Education of Young Children Associate Degree Accreditation. The online option is the first NAEYC online Associate Degree accredited program.
An associate degree prepares you to:
- Transfer to a bachelor degree granting institution to become a certified teacher
- Enter the Early Childhood workforce as a teacher or assistant teacher in child care and/or Head Start
- Further your position on the career lattice if you are currently in the early childhood workforce
The degree is based on NAEYC Associate Degree Standards and features:
- Alignment with PA PreK to Grade Four Teacher Certification Competencies
- 260 field hours observing and/or teaching children
- 45 hours of ELL (English Language Learning)
- Integrating arts as a symbol system in all courses
- Integrating developmental disabilities in all coursesYou can be a part-time or full-time student - on ground or online, and if you have attended another college or have a CDA you can receive Credit for Prior Learning.
Program requirements must be met before starting the associate degree program.
LABS provide you the opportunity to: Learn first-hand about children's development, interests and abilities and practice your teaching skills and strategies.