Position Statement on Diversity
At NCC, we expect, and support, equity and inclusion in our educational programs, policies, campus life, employment, extracurricular activities and community involvement. We define diversity as all the ways in which we differ from one another, and we see each individual as unique and valuable. Inclusion means that we value these differences as strengths that contribute to a rich college environment. The college community is united in the condemnation of acts of hatred and intolerance.
In our efforts to value diverse voices and perspectives, we strive to:
- Provide equitable opportunity and access to education.
- Recruit and retain a diverse student body, faculty and staff.
- Promote a campus climate where respect for and appreciation of differences are priorities, and where individuals thrive without prejudice or bigotry.
- Integrate multicultural perspectives throughout the curricula.
- Analyze the diverse needs of our constituents and ensure that our services, organizational structures and institutional priorities address them.
The college community believes that everyone is responsible for fostering an environment of inclusion and respect that contributes to academic excellence.