Apply to NCC
If you're an active duty military member or veteran, you must complete the same online application forms as new students.
Apply To NCC
Free Driver Training
A grant from the United States Department of Transportation enables NCC to offer free commercial truck driver training to current and former members of the military and their spouses.
The Tuition Assistance (TA) Program provides financial assistance to military personnel in support of their professional and personal self-development goals. Service members should coordinate or plan with education advisors or ESOs toward receiving approval from installation commander prior to enrolling.
- Must be a registered student with a current tuition bill from an accredited school
- For traditional part-time drilling soldiers, members on ADSW / ADT, or mobilized commissioned officers
- Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG or reserves , even prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in High School
- Officers must serve 4 years after course completion
- Enlisted must remain in an actively drilling status within their unit during the term of the courses
- Request a (personalized degree plan) from NCC academic advising in an electronic format
*TA operates on a limited budget and is NOT a guaranteed benefit. It is offered on a 'first come, first served' basis.*
- 100% of tuition with the following caps: $250 per semester hour, and $167 per quarter hour.
- $4,500 max per soldier, per Fiscal Year. No fees are funded.
- High School or equivalency level may be funded at 100% of tuition, but are still limited to the $4,500 annual cap.
- May be used with the MGIB-Selected Reserve (SR) or MGIB-Active Duty (AD) but not for the same courses in the same semester: MGIB-SR participants must be enrolled at least 1/2 time or more to combine benefits; MGIB-AD participants who are drawing GI Bill-Kicker benefits are NOT eligible for ARNG TA
- ARNG recommends that schools apply TA prior to Pell Grants, to allow for maximizing benefit for student financial needs
How to Apply
Active Duty Army, AGR, and Army National Guard or Army Reserves go to: www.goarmyed.com and log in with user name and password or use CAC, Smart Card Log in.
All other Reserve Components - Contact your unit of assignment:
www.af.mil - United States Air Force
www.afreserve.com - Air Force Reserve
www.ang.af.mil - Air National Guard
www.goarmyed.com - United States Army
www.paguard.com - Army National Guard
www.navy.mil - United States Navy
www.marines.mil - United States Marine Corps
www.dodmou.com/TADECIDE - Department of Defense
Policy on the return of unearned TA funds to the governement
Return of Tuition Assistance: Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded and student will be responsible for tuition and fees if they lose TA eligibility.
To comply with the new Department of Defense policy, Northampton County Area Community College will return any unearned TA funds on a prorated basis through at least the 60% portion of the period for which the funds were provided. TA funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending. These funds are returned to the military Service branch.
Instances when a Service member stops attending due to a military service obligation, the educational institution will work with the affected Service member to identify solutions that will not result in student debt for the returned portion.
Schedule for returning unearned TA to the government
Based on 15 week Course
Before or during week 1 100% return
During weeks 2-3 75% return
During weeks 4-8 50% return
During week 9 0% return (60% of course is completed)
During weeks 10-15 0% return
Based on 10 week Course
Before or during week 1 - 100% return
During week 2-3 75% return
During week 4-5 50% return
During week 6 0% return (60% of course is completed)
During weeks 7-10 0% return
Based on 6 week Course
Before or during week 1 100% return
During weeks 2-3.2 50% return
During week 3.3 0% return (60% of course is completed)
During weeks 3.4-6 0% return