Northampton Community College encourages students applying or attending NCC with experience in the foster care system to access our Foster Youth Info network for additional support and resources.
Beginning in Fall 2021, the Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program provides a waiver of tuition and mandatory fees for students who are or were in foster care and meet program eligibility requirements. The waiver applies only to charges remaining after all other gift aid (federal state and other scholarships or grants) have been applied.
As part of the application requirements, Foster youth must complete the FAFSA application and the Chaffee Education and Training Grant, available through PHEAA in early April (deadline December 31).
The NCC Foster Youth Info Team can assist students with services including:
- Help with the Admissions process
- Information and referrals for on-campus and off-campus support services and resources
- Housing/Medical Insurance Resources
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Health and Mental Health Services
- Academic advising, Tutoring and Career Services