Northampton Community College offers up to three full tuition scholarships for 2022 Northampton and Monroe County high school graduates who intend to be full-time students pursuing any associate degree program at NCC (AA, AS, AAS).
This scholarship recognizes exceptional students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership, and community involvement. The program encourages and supports talented students to prepare them for leadership roles in all facets of community life—industry, health care, education, government, business, law, public safety, to name but a few professional fields. Northampton Community College continues to invest in the future of Monroe and Northampton Counties’ communities by combining talented students with great potential and the comprehensive resources found at NCC.
The Presidential Ambassador program consists of a select group of NCC students who work collaboratively with the Office of the President, Institutional Advancement, and the Office of Alumni Relations, their academic dean, and other institutional units. These students support the mission and goals of the College and are ambassadors both on and off campus. Students will experience a variety of professional development opportunities in which to learn and practice networking skills, communication skills, business etiquette, leadership, community engagement, and helping host distinguished NCC visitors to campus.
There are several key eligibility requirements that students must satisfy for consideration as a Presidential Ambassador Scholarship. To be considered for the scholarship, a student needs to:
- Apply to Northampton Community College as an associate degree, full–time student and submit your application materials by April 1, 2022. A complete application requires the student to submit an official high school transcript.
- Earn a cumulative high school GPA at the time of application of 3.5 or higher on a weighted 4.0 scale.
- The student must have participated in school/community activities and might reflect involvements in areas such as paid work, volunteer activities, providing childcare to younger siblings, athletic involvement, school, religious and/or community organization involvement.
- Submit the Presidential Ambassador Scholarship Application to NCC by April 1, 2022. To apply, click the button below or follow this link.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2022.
NCC has additional scholarship opportunities for students not selected for the Presidential Ambassador Scholarship. To apply for these other programs, click here.
As noted above in the eligibility requirements, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2022. If the student is eligible for a federal and/or state grant, the scholarship award will be in the amount of tuition minus the grant(s). The minimum amount a student will receive is $500/semester.
Scholarship Details and Requirements:
- Students selected as Presidential Ambassadors will be required to provide a minimum of 20 hours per semester of service to the college or the community for college-related public events (i.e. serving as an Ambassador for the College at special events, providing tours, representing the College on committees, tutoring etc.).
- Ambassadors will attend a leadership development class offered as part of your first semester in college.
- Students must earn a minimum 3.00 grade point average at the completion of his/her first year at NCC and complete at least 27 credits to have the scholarship renewed for the second year of the associate’s degree program.
- The Scholarship is valid only for two academic years regardless of whether the student graduates.
- Scholarship recipients are required to be full-time students.
- Scholarship recipients must exhibit good citizenship behaviors on and off-campus. Recipients subject to disciplinary action risk revocation of the scholarship.
Scholarship semi-finalists will be invited to campus for an interview by April 15, 2022.
In addition to FREE tuition, additional benefits of participating in the Presidential Ambassador program include:
- Participation in NCC Honors Program (optional)
- Advising and transfer counseling support
- Exceptional financial savings during the first two years of your college career
- On-campus housing options
- Co-curricular opportunities—internships, cultural excursions (museums, plays, guest speakers, etc.)
- Access to and support from
- Faculty and staff mentors
- Community involvement opportunities
- Internships and /or research opportunities
- The opportunity to engage with the College President, the NCC Foundation and various institutional and community leaders
- Training in leadership development, public speaking and social etiquette
- Enhancing your networking skills
- A Certificate of completion