Northampton Community College Athletics Department's mission is to offer programs that provide diverse opportunities for participation and foster a sense of collegiality among the college community while promoting character development, leadership qualities, sportsmanship and academic excellence in our student-athletes.
The Northampton Community College Athletics Program was part of the Eastern Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference (EPAC) for nearly forty years before joining the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) at the beginning of the 2009 spring season and becoming a member of Region XIX.
Since 2008, the Spartans have earned the following honors under Director of Athletics Troy Tucker's leadership:
- NJCAA Individual National Championship (women's cross country 2015)
- Eight Region XIX Team Championships (women's basketball 2012, volleyball 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, baseball 2018)
- Four Region XIX Individual Championships (men's golf 2014, women's tennis #1 doubles 2015, women's cross country 2015, women's tennis #1 singles 2016)
- Seven Region XIX Runner-Up Plaques (softball 2009, women's basketball 2011 & 2017, baseball 2011 & 2017, men's basketball 2013, women's tennis 2014)
- 28 Eastern Pennsylvania Athletic Conference titles
- 144 student-athletes named All-Region
- 113 student-athletes named All-Conference
- 47 student-athletes named NJCAA Academic All-Americans
- 17 student-athletes earned NJCAA All-American honors
- 16 student-athletes named EPAC Player of the Year
- 11 students-athletes named Region XIX Player of the Year
- The Northampton Athletic program has twice (2015 & 2017) been awarded the Region XIX Champions of Character Award for its commitment to community service, sportsmanship and character development of its student-athletes.
Sports at NCC:
- Men's Baseball
- Men's Cross Country
- Men's Golf
- Men's Soccer
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Cross Country
- Women's Soccer
- Women's Tennis
Many of NCC's student-athletes go on to transfer to four-year colleges and universities to compete. In 2017, student-athlete Angel Lopez was drafted by the Cleveland Indians while still playing baseball for NCC.
About Director of Athletics, Troy Tucker
Troy Tucker was named Director of Athletics at Northampton Community College on June 2, 2008. A three-time National Athletic Director of the Year (Under Armour 2013, 2017, NSCAA 1998) Tucker is responsible for the oversight and management of the College's 13 intercollegiate sports. In October 2016, Tucker was honored by Region XIX of the NJCAA with the Augie Eosso Award, the highest honor that can be bestowed upon an administrator, for his commitment and dedication to Region XIX. Tucker was recently inducted into the Allegany County (NY) Athletic Hall of Fame for his outstanding contributions and commitment to athletics throughout his career. Visit the official athletic website of the Northampton Spartans for more information and to stay up to date on the latest games, scores, and news.