Important Program Information
Diagnostic Medical Sonography is a fall-start clinical program. Students may apply to the clinical program starting October 1. Applications must be completed by February 1. Students will not be able to apply to the clinical program after February 1.
After February 1, students who wish to take general education courses toward the Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree may apply to the Health Sciences program of study.
• High School Biology with a lab or NCC’s BIOS115 with a grade of “B” or better. *
• High School Algebra I and II or NCC’s MATH022 and 026 with grades of “C” or better or exemption through placement testing. *
• Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0.
*High school courses must be college preparatory level. Equivalents from other colleges may satisfy requirements.
Please be advised:
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography is a competitive program. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the clinical program.
• Students not admitted to the clinical program will be admitted to the Health Sciences program of study to take general education courses toward the Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree.
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography is a physically demanding occupation.
Use this checklist and the online Admissions portal to track the completion of your application:
• Submit the application in the online Admissions portal.
• Submit official transcripts for all education completed to the Processing Center. Transcripts are required for high school, GED, and, if attended, college.
• Complete the Career Assessment Form (CAF) and upload to the online Admissions portal. Refer to Diagnostics Medical Sonography page. NOTE: Once uploaded, this document can’t be replaced with another.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 610-861-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process.