Alfreida Smith Keltz
Kapp Hall 100J
How do I get started?
The ESL Lab is now open Monday to Friday for on-campus placement testing. All visitors to campus must wear a mask and check in at the health center in the College Center. Click here for a campus map (PDF) that indicates the College Center main entrance.
Online placement testing is also available Monday to Friday. Scroll down for instructions and to sign up for online or on-campus placement testing.
- Come in for a placement test. The test is free and requires about 90 minutes to complete. We will discuss your scores with you right away to explain your proficiency level and recommend the right classes for you. The test consists of listening, reading, grammar, and vocabulary.
- All new students need to complete an NCC application. We can assist you when you come in for testing or advising, or you can apply online here.
- We encourage all students to apply for financial aid if they are eligible. We can help you through the financial aid process when you visit our campus, or you can find more information here.
4. Register for class
- An ESL advisor will help you choose the right classes and register. Come to our campuses to complete your class registration, or schedule an online appointment with us.
Spring semester classes begin on January 25. For the safety of our students and community, we will offer a mix of on-campus and online classes this fall.
Where do I go?
Bethlehem Campus: ESL Lab, Richardson Hall 215 (second floor)
3835 Green Pond Rd.
Bethlehem PA, 18020
Monroe Campus: Keystone Hall Advising Office, 108
2411 Rt. 715
Tannersville, PA. 18372
ESL Remote Placement Testing
The test is free and requires about 90 minutes to complete. We will discuss your scores with you right away to explain your proficiency level and recommend the right classes for you. The test consists of listening, reading, grammar, and vocabulary. Testing is available online or on campus for your safety and convenience.
Important information for online testing:
- You will need a computer and webcam that can support Accuplacer and Zoom
- Check that your computer can support and run Accuplacer. Click Verify System at the bottom of page at Accuplacer.org
- Download and install Zoom Client for Meetings
- Test Zoom installed and is working correctly.
Click Here to sign up for online or on-campus ESL placement testing.