Northampton Community College's campuses are situated in the beautiful and historic Lehigh Valley and Pocono Mountain regions, about 90 miles from New York City and 60 miles from Philadelphia.
- Discover Lehigh Valley magazine
- Made Possible in the Lehigh Valley (Video)
- Discover Lehigh Valley (Video)
- Lehigh Valley Welcome/Relocation Guide
- 30 seconds on why you should live in the Lehigh Valley
Cultural opportunities abound throughout the year:
- Experience the ten-day phenomenon of Musikfest each summer
- Welcome the autumn in kilts and Irish sweaters at the Celtic Classic and Scottish Highland Games
- Celebrate the winter holidays "Christmas City, USA" style with horse-drawn carriage rides, a German Christkindlmarkt, and boutique shopping on Bethlehem's Main Street
- Soak in great live jazz any time of year at the legendary Deer Head Inn in Delaware Water Gap.
Outdoors enthusiasts have trouble deciding:
- Hike the Appalachian Trail?
- Ride mountain bikes on the South Mountain trails?
- Kayak in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area?
- Ski or snowboard at one of the seven Pocono Mountains ski areas?
- Walk or run in one of Allentown's renowned parks?
Families fill their weekends with enriching activities:
- Kid-friendly spots like the Da Vinci Science Center, Allentown Art Museum and Crayola Factory
- NASCAR racing at Pocono Raceway
- Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs minor league baseball games
- Art , music and drama events at the Baum School, the Banana Factory, Community Music School, Civic Theater and Pennsylvania Youth Theatre
You'll also find good schools, strong neighborhoods and a wide range of dining options, from barbecue spots to white tablecloth restaurants.
Whatever pace of life you choose - whether it's catching Olympic cyclists at the velodrome or curling up with a good read at the world's oldest bookstore - the region has a tremendous amount to offer.