Northampton Community College's campuses are situated in the beautiful and historic Lehigh Valley and Pocono Mountain regions, about 90 miles from New York City and 60 miles from Philadelphia.
Cultural opportunities abound throughout the year:
- Experience the ten-day phenomenon of Musikfest each summer
- Welcome the autumn in kilts and Irish sweaters at the Celtic Classic and Scottish Highland Games
- Celebrate the winter holidays "Christmas City, USA" style with horse-drawn carriage rides, a German Christkindlmarkt, and boutique shopping on Bethlehem's Main Street
- Soak in great live jazz any time of year at the legendary Deer Head Inn in Delaware Water Gap.
Outdoors enthusiasts have trouble deciding:
- Hike the Appalachian Trail?
- Ride mountain bikes on the South Mountain trails?
- Kayak in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area?
- Ski or snowboard at one of the seven Pocono Mountains ski areas?
- Walk or run in one of Allentown's renowned parks?
Families fill their weekends with enriching activities:
- Kid-friendly spots like the Da Vinci Science Center, Allentown Art Museum and Crayola Factory
- NASCAR racing at Pocono Raceway
- Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs minor league baseball games
- Art , music and drama events at the Baum School, the Banana Factory, Community Music School, Civic Theater and Pennsylvania Youth Theatre
You'll also find good schools, strong neighborhoods and a wide range of dining options, from barbecue spots to white tablecloth restaurants.
Whatever pace of life you choose - whether it's catching Olympic cyclists at the velodrome or curling up with a good read at the world's oldest bookstore - the region has a tremendous amount to offer.