Need an item that's not in our collection? We may be able to obtain it from other libraries in the region using our Interlibrary Loan service. Interlibrary loan is available to faculty, staff, and currently enrolled credit students.
How Interlibrary Loan Works
- Currently enrolled credit students, faculty, and staff are able to request items through interlibrary loan using this form.
- Once you submit your request, we check if libraries in our ILL network have the item(s) and are willing to provide it to us for your use. This process may take up to 2 weeks depending on the item.
- Some libraries may charge a fee before sending an item. If this happens, you'll be asked to accept the fee before we continue with the request.
- If for any reason we aren't able to get the item, we will notify you.
Receiving and Returning Items
- If a library is able to provide the item, you'll be notified and it will be provided to you according to your pickup or delivery preference. Digital items will be sent to you by email.
- All physical items must be returned to the NCC Libraries by their due date. Loan periods and renewals vary and are determined by the lending library.
- If an item is not returned in good condition or is lost, you are responsible for paying any replacement fees the lending library may charge.
How to Get Help with Your Request
A librarian can assist you with identifying items for interlibrary loan based on your research needs, while questions about the process or the status of a request can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete and submit the form below to get started with your request.
Ask a Librarian if you have any questions regarding Interlibrary Loan requests.