Medical secretaries are responsible for performing the administrative duties and tasks necessary to ensure quality patient care, and provide support to caregivers and families.
Program overview: Obtain the tools necessary to be successful performing office duties and recordkeeping functions within a medical office, including computer applications, medical terminology, community health topics, and effective communication and customer service. Adult Mental Health First Aid and First Aid/CPR and AED certifications are also included. To view the requirements to enter this program, please click here.
Important information about the program:
- Participants must be Pennsylvania residents, at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED to enroll.
- Cost for additional enrollment requirements will be the responsibility of the participant.
- Participants must complete the enrollment requirements prior to beginning the course. Please view and download program requirements (PDF)
- Funding may be available to eligible participants through PA CareerLink®.
Free Information Sessions
- Mon., Jan. 27, 10am - Fowler Center, Room 363
- Weds., Feb. 5, 10am - Easton Center, Room 112
- Weds., Feb. 12, 10am - NCC Monroe Campus, KAPP Hall, Room 011A