Medical secretaries are responsible for performing the administrative duties and tasks necessary to ensure quality patient care, and provide support to caregivers and families.
Program overview: Obtain the tools necessary to be successful performing office duties and recordkeeping functions within a medical office, including computer applications, medical terminology, community health topics, and effective communication and customer service. Adult Mental Health First Aid and First Aid/CPR and AED certifications are also included.
Important information about the program:
- Participants must be Pennsylvania residents, at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED to enroll.
- Cost for additional enrollment requirements will be the responsibility of the participant.
- Participants must complete the enrollment requirements prior to beginning the course. Please view and download program requirements (PDF)
- Funding may be available to eligible participants through PA CareerLink®.
- Fee for the program is $1,665 and must be paid at registration.
Free virtual information sessions
Information sessions will be held virtually via the Zoom platform. A link to the session will be sent to participants after they register. No information sessions are currently scheduled.
This program is provided through a partnership with Eastcentral & Northeast PA Area Health Education Centers. To be notified when the next session of this program is available, please email email@example.com.