Horizons For Youth extends its reach through partnerships in the community. We offer meeting space and other resources to non-profit organizations benefitting the families of the Lehigh Valley.
Horizons for Youth partners with Black Rocket to provide additional technology and design programs for students in grades 4-9! "The magic in every camper comes to life as never before when they are empowered to be as creative as they were all born to be! Black Rocket has over a decade of experience designing camps in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) and Digital Arts, (STEAM). Every program is powered by the camper's innate imagination and designed to bring their ideas to life in a fun, hands-on, learning environment. All Black Rocket programs mirror real life experiences and the collaborative nature of the design process. All student work is saved on a private, password protected website which is available to students after the class.
- A sample of classes tittles include Minecraft Designers, Modders, and Animators, Make Your First 3D Video Games, Code Breakers, App Attack- Make Your First Game App, LEGO Video Game Design, LEGO Films & Stop Action, and Maker Labs
- Email email@example.com with questions or for course schedules on the Bethlehem Campus
- firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for course schedules on the Monroe Campus
The Cops 'n' Kids Reading Room, located on the 4th floor in Northampton's Fowler Center on the south side of Bethlehem, provides a place for children and families to read together, share stories, and select free books to take home. The Reading Room is open every Wednesday from 11 am - 7 pm, students must be accompanied by an adult.
Police officers, high school and college students, community volunteers, and various community organizations are part of the programs that take place in the Reading Room. Programs include various Saturday events from September to May, which feature readings and activities for children by noted authors, local personalities and organizations. Join us for the annual Celebration of Reading...the Arts & Sciences, held at Fowler from 11-3 usually the third Saturday of April. Check the Cops 'n' Kids website for more information on upcoming events.
If you have a children's group interested in visiting the Reading Room or want to conduct a book drive, call 610.861.7561 or email email@example.com.
A branch of the largest Chinese school system in the United States, HuaXia Chinese School teaches the Pin-Yin system and simplified characters to students ages 3 through high school. This is the same system used by the United Nations and throughout the world. Chinese language classes after Level 9 prepare students for the SAT II. Also includes a Basic Chinese class for adults on Saturday mornings, beginning in September.
Lehigh Valley Youth Chorus
A children's chorus in residence at Northampton Community College!
Calling girls & boys with unchanged voices in 3rd through 9th grades!
Tuesdays, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm - 3rd through 5th grades
Tuesdays, 6:15 pm to 7:45 pm - 6th through 9th grades
Kopecek Hall, Bethlehem Campus
- Directed by an experienced, dynamic music educator who has worked with children's choruses at the national level.
- Develop healthy vocal technique, build musical skills, gain confidence, and make new friends.
- Committed to music-making of the highest caliber, exploring a diverse choral repertoire rooted in serious music (sacred and secular) and world music.
- Public performances, including community and outreach events, throughout the year.
- Annual winter and spring concerts in NCC's Lipkin Theater.
- Membership price $395 for the school-year season, meeting most weeks September - May
- Watch this video to learn more!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610.861.4120 for more information or to schedule an audition.