Get Hired on Handshake
The most jobs and internships for students and new grads. Create your profile and start applying today.
Handshake will help guide you through your career search journey. No matter whether you know exactly what kinds of opportunities you’re seeking or you're just starting out, Handshake has the tools to take you where you want to go.
Complete your profile to find your next job or internship, and stay up to date with the latest events and happenings at NCC's Center for Career Development.
It's never too early or too late to explore new career paths. FOCUS 2 is a self-guided career, major and education planning system designed to guide you through the steps of the career planning process. This free online tool offers personality and interest assessments to help you hone in on the best career for you. Click Here Access Code: spartan
Build Your Future with O*Net OnLine!
Welcome to your tool for career exploration and job analysis. O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more. Start the career you've dreamed about or find one you never imagined! DISCOVER NOW!
Career videos are organized into 16 clusters, or related types of work. Select a category to view a list of videos related to that cluster. Videos include career details such as tasks, work settings, education needed, and more. WATCH NOW!
Class of 2020 Destinations Report
View Report (PDF)
Job Hunter's Guide
Your guide to making the move to the world of work. This guide is broken into bite-sized sections, offering resources to help you to move with confidence as you prepare for life after NCC. You’ll find information on Employability Skills, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, Interview Skills, Creating Your Elevator Pitch, Making a Great First Impression, Networking, and more! Click Here for the Digital Guide
Skills First Resume Builder
Putting together a resume can feel overwhelming. This powerful online resume builder is free for NCC students and alumni. Efficiently organize your skills, qualifications, and work history and choose from over a million styles to craft the perfect resume for your next job or internship. Click here to get started!
Online Job Search Directory
Click Here for useful Job Search resources
Need professional attire? NCC’s First Impressions Boutique has FREE new and gently used professional clothing. Schedule an appointment through Handshake or by contacting the Careers office at 610-861-5481 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open hours are available the first Tuesday of every month from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm.
Bethlehem Campus: College Center 101
Monroe Campus: Kapp Hall, Room 020N.1
Career Services on Blackboard
Career Services is on Blackboard. Find resources on core competencies (soft skills), career exploration, and professional development on our community page. To access resources, you can self-enroll in the community page using the following instructions:
- Click here.
- If prompted, log in to Blackboard using your normal credentials.
- After logging in, the page will refresh. Click the "submit" button.
- Click "ok" to be redirected to the Career Services Blackboard page.
- Next time you log in to Blackboard, the “Career Services” link will be listed under "My Communities".
NCC Alumni Career Panel
Have you heard about NCC Alumni Career Panels? Did you know there are more than 50,000 alumni of NCC who are located all over the country and the world in almost every industry?
Alumni volunteer to support students in their professional development and help you gain insider information to industries and jobs by serving on a career panel. They discuss their experiences and career path. Panels generally have between 4-6 Alumni who answer questions about their jobs and give tips to be successful in their career life after NCC.
Career Panels are important for students because you have a chance to learn about the amazing jobs and industries our Alumni are working. Additionally, you hear real world experience and tips from Alumni on how to be successful during and after your NCC education. Each panel gives student an opportunity to ask questions and receive advice.
Some of the benefits of this programing for current and prospective students are:
- An opportunity to meet Alumni from diverse backgrounds who work in industries that might interest you.
- NCC alumni share insider information about industry and their careers.
- Open and honest discussion from NCC Alumni of the struggles, as well as, the successes to gaining access to their industries/jobs.
- You also can ask questions and connect with alumni in an event that is geared to help students feel comfortable, asking questions about all kinds of subject areas. For example, at a previous panel a student asked about an Alumni's experience navigating college, family and work.
- Practice asking questions of people in their careers and gathering industry related information. This will help students feel more comfortable having conversations with people who are working in different industries
Watch Our Career Panel Playlist
Visit our YouTube channel to explore career panels and other helpful video resources. Topics include nursing, technology, engineering, culinary, diversity and inclusion, and more.