Get Hired on Handshake
The most jobs and internships for students and new grads. Create your profile and start applying today.
Handshake will help guide you through your career search journey. No matter whether you know exactly what kinds of opportunities you’re seeking or you're just starting out, Handshake has the tools to take you where you want to go.
Complete your profile to find your next job or internship and stay up to date with the latest events and happenings at NCC's Center for Career Development.
It's never too early or too late to explore new career paths. FOCUS 2 is a self-guided career, major and education planning system designed to guide you through the steps of the career planning process. This free online tool offers personality and interest assessments to help you home in on the best career for you.
"Link and pdf currently on the website" Need more information here. Access Code: spartan
NCC Career Leadership Experience
Get the EDGE in your career and beyond!
NCC's Career Leadership Experience is a free course designed to develop skills that will give you the EDGE in the workplace.
The Career Leadership Experience prepares students for life after NCC through:
- Career exploration activities to learn more about yourself, your interests, values, personality, and skills and careers that are potential fits.
- Development of professional documents for your job search including a resume, cover letter; a LinkedIn profile; strong interview skills, networking, and job search skills.
- Setting career goals - short term and long term.
- Acquiring experience through experiential learning opportunities - informational interviews, job shadows, internships; involvement in college clubs/organizations, community organizations.
Students will develop career readiness skills that ALL employers look for in their employees and that all students, regardless of major, need to take their career or academic aspirations to the next level. The program includes videos, articles, and assignments designed to give you practical professional tools and employability skills. It’s divided over two semesters; both Level 1 and Level 2 are offered every semester, so they can be completed consecutively or with semester breaks in-between. Modules and assignments are self-paced.
Throughout the experience, students will have opportunities to engage with employers and practice their career skills. Students who complete the program will be awarded Certificates of Completion, a letter of recommendation, and priority job shadow selection.
For more information, fill out this interest form and a member of the Career Development team will follow up with you.
The deadline to enroll in the Career Leadership Experience is October 9th. The program will run from October 12th - December 12th.
Ready to enroll? Register here.
Class of 2019 Placement Report
View Report (PDF)
Your guide to making the move to the world of work. This guide is broken into bite-sized sections, offering resources to help you to move with confidence as you prepare for life after NCC.
Putting together a resume can feel overwhelming. This powerful online resume builder is free for NCC students and alumni. Efficiently organize your skills, qualifications, and work history and choose from over a million styles to craft the perfect resume for your next job or internship.
Online Job Search Directory is a list of useful links.
Need professional attire? Schedule an appointment at NCC’s First Impressions Boutique for FREE new and gently used professional clothing. Contact Fran Maiatico at at 610-861-5481 or email: email@example.com
Bethlehem Campus: College Center 101
Monroe Campus: Kapp Hall, Room 020N.1
NCC Alumni Career Panel
Have you heard about NCC Alumni Career Panels? Did you know there are more than 50,000 alumni of NCC who are located all over the country and the world in almost every industry?
Alumni volunteer to support students in their professional development and help you gain insider information to industries and jobs by serving on a career panel. They discuss their experiences and career path. Panels generally have between 4-6 Alumni who answer questions about their jobs and give tips to be successful in their career life after NCC.
Career Panels are important for students because you have a chance to learn about the amazing jobs and industries our Alumni are working. Additionally, you hear real world experience and tips from Alumni on how to be successful during and after your NCC education. Each panel gives student an opportunity to ask questions and receive advice.
Some of the benefits of this programing for current and prospective students are:
- An opportunity to meet Alumni from diverse backgrounds who work in industries that might interest you.
- NCC alumni share insider information about industry and their careers.
- Open and honest discussion from NCC Alumni of the struggles, as well as, the successes to gaining access to their industries/jobs.
- You also can ask questions and connect with alumni in an event that is geared to help students feel comfortable, asking questions about all kinds of subject areas. For example, at a previous panel a student asked about an Alumni's experience navigating college, family and work.
- Practice asking questions of people in their careers and gathering industry related information. This will help students feel more comfortable having conversations with people who are working in different industries